ETF Frequently Asked Questions
Order must be
- done in a market that is eligible for order amalgamation. Please check the ‘Settlement’ section of the individual markets.
- done on the same trading day,
- for the same stock,
- of the same action (BUY or SELL e.g. A buy action can be amalgamated with another buy action),
- executed via the same platform,
- done through the same account,
- paid through the same payment mode (cash or CPF or SRS),
- A POEMS Trading Account with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd
- Customer Account Review Assessment (For Specified Investment Products)
- W8-BEN Form (For US listed ETFs)
- Risk Warning Statement (For all overseas listed ETFs)
|SGX Listed ETFs
|US Listed ETFs
|Other Overseas Exchanges
|Customer Account Review (CAR) Assessment
|Risk Warning Statement (RWS)
Investors can trade on ETFs which are classified as Excluded Investment Products (EIP) without fulfilling the Customer Account Review (CAR) Assessment.
Some ETFs are classified as Specified Investment Products (SIP) because of their complex features and risks that can be difficult to understand. Investors will need to be formally assessed by their brokerage firm on their suitability before they are allowed to trade on SIP.
Individuals and Corporations can be exempted from CAR assessment based on their status, education level, qualifications, trading experience etc.
To find out which SGX listed ETFs are classified as EIP or SIP, please visit the SGX Screener.
All overseas listed ETFs are classified as SIP.
W-8BEN Form is a requirement by U.S. Inland Revenue Service for account holder to declare that the beneficiary owner of the amount received from US sources is not a US person. Submission of this Form is compulsory before investors can trade US listed investment products like stocks and ETFs.
Risk Warning Statement is a risk warning disclosure, which highlights the key risks that customers should be aware of before trading in overseas listed investment products.
Investors will have to submit their acknowledgment of the Risk Warning Statement before they are allowed to trade on any overseas listed investment products.