Frequently Asked Questions
How do I log in to POEMS 2.0?
You can login to POEMS 2.0 via POEMS Homepage
Simply enter your POEMS account number and password on the top right corner and click on the Login button.
POEMS 2.0 uses the same login credentials as Classic POEMS, POEMS Mobile 2.0 and POEMS Mercury.
What products are available in POEMS 2.0?
- ETF – Exchange Traded Funds
- CFD – Contracts for Difference
- CFD-DMA - CFD – Direct Market Access
- Reg FX / Bullion
- Mini FX / Bullion
- UT – Unit Trust
- SBL – Securities Borrowing and Lending
What are the exchanges / markets supported for equities on POEMS 2.0?
The following are the exchanges supported on POEMS 2.0 for equities:
|United States (US)||NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX|
|United Kingdom (UK)||LSE|
|Hong Kong||HKEx, HK Pre-IPO|
How do I search for a counter?
How do I add counters to my Watchlists?
There are 3 methods to add counters to your Watchlists:
Method 1: Hover and click on +WATCHLIST
- Move your cursor over the counter
- Click on the +WATCHLIST button and select the Watchlist you wish to add to
Method 2: Right-click on counter
- Right-click on a counter in Prices (LP1) or Trade (LP2) to display sub-menu
- Hover over 'Add To' and select the Watchlist you wish to add to
Method 3: Using the Basic Search or Advanced Search Function
- In the Prices (LP1) or Trade (LP2) tab, click on the Watchlist sub-tab
- Use the Basic Search or Advanced Search to search for your counter - a list of suggested counters will be shown
- Click on the counter to add it to your selected Watchlist
How many counters can I add to each Watchlist?
I have some Watchlists in Classic POEMS, do I still have to create new Watchlists for POEMS 2.0?
No, you do not have to re-create new Watchlists for POEMS 2.0. Simply import your Watchlist by following these steps:
Step 1: In the Prices (LP1) or Trade (LP2) tab, click on the Watchlist sub-tab
Step 2: Select Import Watchlist - the left panel shows your Watchlists from P1; the right panel shows your Watchlists in P2
Step 3: Drag and drop the counters/watchlist from the left panel to the right panel - the counter will appear on your selected Watchlist in P2.
Step 4: Click on the Confirm button to save your changes.
How do I submit a trade?
There are 3 ways to submit a trade in POEMS 2.0:Method 1: Via Trade (LP2) tab
- Click once on the specific counter in the View Price widget. The selected counter’s last done price will show up on the Trade widget on the right.
- Select the Order Type and the Trade Action [BUY / SHORT (SGX only) / SELL].
- Enter the Limit Price and Total Quantity. The Gross value is calculated based on the selection.
- Select your Payment Type, Settlement Currency, and Order Validity if required.
- Enter the password in the password field and click on the BUY/SHORT SELL/SELL button.
- On the next screen, preview and confirm your order. Click on the SUBMIT button and the order will be submitted.
*For your convenience, the system will remember the quantity that you had last indicated, and reflect the same figures under the Quantity menu. It does not reflect the amount you actually hold.Method 2: Double-click on counter
- In the View Price widget, double click on the specific counter. A Trade ticket popup will appear.
- In the View Price widget, right click on the specific counter to bring up the sub-menu.
- In the sub-menu, select Trade to open a new Trade ticket popup.
How do I trade Unit Share (SGX)?
- Under the View Price widget, right click on counter to bring up the sub-menu
- In the sub-menu, select the Trade Unit Share option to open a Unit Share Market Trade ticket
- Under the View Price widget, click on the sub-tab SGX Unit Share
- Search for specific counters via the Add to Watchlist box – a list of suggested results will be shown
- Click to add the specific counter to the Watchlist
- Alternatively, you may also search for the counter via the drop down list available in the SGX Unit Share sub-tab
How do I view my orders?
You may view your present day and past 7 days’ orders under the Order Status tab or from the Order status widget under the Trade (LP2) tab.
Click on the drop down list to filter the orders that you wish to view.
How do I view Time & Sales, Trade Summary and Market Depth?
- In the View Price widget, right click on counter to bring up the sub menu.
- In the sub menu, select Time & Sales, Trade Summary or Market Depth to open a new window with the respective module.
- Time & Sales, Trade Summary and Market Depth are available via the Trading Info widget. To see how to add a new widget, please refer to the question ‘How do I add a new Tab or Widget?’ below.
How do I view my outstanding positions for Stocks?
How do I view my holdings?
You may view your holdings by going to Acct Mgmt tab > Stocks > Scrip Positions for Margin, Custodian, Prepaid Custodian account type or Scrap Book for Cash Management and Cash Trading account type.
Scrip Position shows all share holdings that are held in custody with us. If your account is linked to CDP, your SGX holdings on Scrip Position may not be entirely accurate as you may have transacted through other broker accounts. You are advised to check your CDP statement for the accurate shareholding for your SGX shares.
Do note that Scrip Position is not available for Cash Trading accounts.
Scrap Book is an editable portfolio management feature that allows you to manually add contracts for your convenience (e.g. IPO allotment and corporate action such as bonus, share consolidation, rights, or share split). The holdings in the Scrap Book is an indicative and may not represent the accurate holdings of your portfolio as any corporate actions for all local and foreign shares such as stock splits, bonus issues, rights or entitlements of any form will not be auto-adjusted. Shares which are delisted or had become OTC will also not be updated.
You are advised to check your CDP statement for the accurate shareholding for SGX shares and always refer to Scrip Position for the accurate holdings for foreign shares.
What is the difference between a Tab and a Widget in POEMS 2.0?
POEMS 2.0 consists of a series of Tabs and Widgets. Tabs are similar to the way your web browsers (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.) are organised, and allows you to toggle between different tabs within one single window.
By default, POEMS 2.0 has a standard set of Tabs defined for your usage whenever you log in. If required, you may also add/remove/rename additional tabs.
In POEMS 2.0, each Tab is considered a workspace and within each Tab, you can add in trading tools (which we identify as Widgets).
*Each workspace can hold up to 6 Widgets. These Widgets can be grouped and resized according to your preference.
How do I add a new Tab?
Click on the [+] button on the top menu bar in POEMS 2.0 – a new empty tab will be created
How do I customise my workspace?
After creating your new Tab, you may choose from our suggested preset Tab layouts.
Alternatively, you may create your own workspace by clicking on Customise. A Widget Store will appear on the right of your screen. Click on the Widget that you are interested in, then drag and drop the Widget into your newly created workspace.
How do I remove/rename a Tab that I have created?
To remove a user-created Tab, simply click on the "x" icon near the Tab name.
To rename a user-created tab, simply double click on the Tab name and enter your desired name.
Alternatively, you may choose to rename or remove the Tab by clicking on the small arrow on the Tab.
Will I be able to keep my customisations after logging off?
Can I restore original settings after all the customisations?
Can I change my password via POEMS 2.0?
Can I update my contact details via POEMS 2.0?
Yes, simply go to My Settings > My Account to update your mobile number or email address.
To update your mailing address, please use the Updating of Personal Particulars form