Frequently Asked Questions
Which are the modes available for trading?
There are 4 trading modes available for trading:
- POEMS 2.0
- POEMS Mobile 2.0 (iOS and Android)
- POEMS Mercury
- Broker assisted
Which trading mode should I use?
What are the minimum system requirements for trading online?
- PC or Mac
- 512 megabytes (MB) RAM
- Windows Vista/7/8 Desktop/Server 2008/Mac OS X v10.6
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and above, Mozilla Firefox 17 or above, Safari 5 and above, Chrome v25 and above
- JVM (Java Virtual Machine) Version 8 Update 66 and above.
- Adobe Reader 8.2 or above
- Connection to the Internet
Can I place trading orders 24 hours a day?
On which regional bourses can I trade?
- Singapore (SGX)
- Australia (ASX)
- Belgium (EURONEXT Brussels)
- Canada (TSX)
- China A Shares (SSE-A via SH-HK Stock Connect)
- China B Shares (SSE, SZSE)
- France (EURONEXT Paris)
- Germany (FWB)
- Hong Kong (HKEx)
- Indonesia (IDX)
- Japan (TSE, JASDAQ)
- Malaysia (Bursa)
- Netherlands (AEX)
- Portugal (EURONEXT Lisbon)
- Philippines (PSE)
- South Korea (KRX)
- Sri Lanka (CSE)
- Taiwan (TWSE)
- Thailand (SET)
- Turkey (ISE)
- United States (NYSE, NYSE-MKT, NASDAQ)
- United Kingdom (LSE)
Can I use my SRS funds to purchase shares?
Yes you can. Before submitting an SRS trade, you need to open an SRS Investment Account with an agent bank. The SRS Investment Scheme account number also needs to be updated into your Trading account with us. Please contact your trading representative to update your SRS Investment bank account details. It will take 2 – 3 working days for the linkage to be updated. Once updated, SRS trades can be conducted on POEMS.
After the linkage has been established, you will need to select the option "SRS" under "trade type" to conduct an SRS stocks trade. You are advised to check on the SRS eligibility with your SRS operators before submitting the order.
Please note that you can only submit SRS trade after linkage has been established. Contra is not available for SRS trades.
How can I check the status of my orders?
What is the validity period for my orders?
Can I withdraw my orders?
Will POEMS be able to check whether I have the sufficient shares in CDP before I submit a sell order?
How can I check whether I have the sufficient shareholdings in my CDP account or CPF agent bank account?
Is odd lot trading available over the Internet?
What is the minimum bid size (MBS) for trading?
With effect from 13 November 2017, the MBS for the $1.00 to $1.99 price range will be widened from the current $0.005 to $0.01 for all securities (excluding preference shares, structured warrants, exchange traded funds, exchange traded notes, debentures, bonds and loan stocks).
|Product||Price Range ($)||Minimum Bid Size ($)|
|Stocks (excluding preference shares), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS), business trusts, company warrants and any other class of securities or Futures Contracts not specified in the rows below||Below 0.20||0.001|
|0.20 - 0.995||0.005|
|1.00 and above||0.01|
|Structured warrants||Below 0.20||0.001|
|0.20 - 1.995||0.005|
|2.00 and above||0.01|
|Exchange traded funds and exchange traded notes||All||0.01 or 0.001 as SGX-ST determines|
|Debentures, bonds, loan stocks and preference shares||All||0.001|
|Product||Price Range ($)||Minimum Bid Size ($)||Forced Order/Bid Size Range|
|Stocks (excluding preference shares), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS), business trusts, company warrants and any other class of securities or Futures Contracts not specified in Rule 8.3.3||Below 0.20||0.001||+/- 30 bids|
|0.20 - 0.995||0005|
|1.00 and above||0.01|
|Structured warrants||Below 0.20||0.001||+/- 30 bids|
|0.20 - 1.995||0005|
|2.00 and above||0.01|
|Exchange traded funds and exchange traded notes||All||0.01 or 0.001 as SGX-ST determines||+/- 30 bids|
|Debentures, bonds, loan stocks and preference shares quoted in the $1 price convention||All||0.001|
|Debentures, bonds, loan stocks and preference shares quoted in the $100 price convention||All||0.001||+/- 1,000 bids|
|Product||Price Range (HK$)||Minimum Bid Size (HK$)|
|Securities denominated in Hong Kong Dollar||Below 0.25||0.001|
|0.25 - 0.495||0.005|
|0.50 - 9.99||0.01|
|10.00 - 19.98||0.02|
|20.00 - 99.95||0.05|
|100 - 199.90||0.1|
|200 - 499.80||0.2|
|500 and above||0.5|
|Product||Price Range (¥)||Minimum Bid Size (¥)|
|Securities denominated in Japanese Yen||Below 2,000||1|
|2,000 - 2,995||5|
|3,000 - 29,990||10|
|30,000 - 49,950||50|
|50,000 - 99,900||100|
|100,000 and above||1,000|
What is ‘Amalgamate’?
- The trades must be done on the same trading day.
- The trades must be of the same stock.
- The trades must be of the same action. (A buy action can be amalgamated with another buy action regardless of the trading mode)
- The trade is done through the same account.
- The payment mode must be the same. (cash or CPF)
- The settlement currency must be the same. (USD or SGD or HKD or AUD or MYR or JPY)
Why is my order invalid?
- Exceed Limit: exceeded the trading limit. Check with your Trading Representatives for available trading limit
- Exceed 20 bids: the price you entered exceeds the stipulated SGX 20 bids limit. For foreign markets price range, please click here.
- If the stock counter has been suspended for trading
What are Random endings to the Pre-Open & Pre-Close phases of the Opening & Closing Routine?
- Pre-Open and Opening Routines Pre-Open routine will continue to start at 0830 hrs but will end randomly between 0858 hrs to 0859 hrs, i.e. Non-Cancel period can start any time between 0858 hrs to 0859 hrs. The market will continue to open at 0900 hrs.
- Pre-Close and Closing Routines Pre-Close routine will continue to start at 1700 hrs but will end randomly between 1704 hrs and 1705 hrs for a full trading day, i.e. Non-Cancel period can start any time between 1704 hrs to 1705 hrs.
What is pre-open and pre-close routines?
Is there a trading limit?
How can I increase my trading limit?
- Latest CDP monthly or semi-annually statements.
- Latest bank account statements.
- Latest fixed deposit statements.
How will I be informed of my new trading limit?
What is my order type that I am submitting into the POEMS trading platform?
What is a ‘force key’?
How many force keys can I use?
|0 - 100||No force key|
|101 - 1000||25 force keys per month*|
|1001 onwards||50 force keys per month**|
What is the force key range for counter with last done price more than $0.50?
|Last Done Price||Min buying/selling price allowed||Max buying/selling price allowed|
|More than $0.50||last done - 35 %||last done + 35 %|