Frequently Asked Questions
What is the procedure to deposit physical certificate/s with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd?
You will have to sign at the back of each share certificate under the “transferor” column or “shareholder” column. In addition, you need to submit a signed W8-BEN form if you have not already done so previously.
Please click here for charges incurred.
Note: We will not accept the following share certificates:
- Restricted share certificates. For this type of share certificates, there will be a “RESTRICTED SHARES” stamped on the front of the share certificates.
- For shares listed on OTC and OTCBB. This is because currently our US custodian does not support online trading for the OTC and OTCBB.
- Shares certificate for counters traded in US markets.
Please note that you are required to buy back your shares to cover the sale position if the physical shares deposited are subsequently found to be not good for deposition.
Other faq that might help you
- Can I check the status of my orders if I place my orders with POEMS?
- Can I increase my Trading Limit?
- Conditions for Automatic Order Amalgamation
- Do Phillip Securities provide tax claim services (tax relief at source or reclaim)?
- How can I sell through POEMS if I am holding physical certificates?
- How do I check my trading limit?
- How do I settle my trades in a foreign currency (other than SGD)?
- How long will it take for the physical certificates to be credited to your account?
- How will I know when the physical certificate is credited?
- What are the steps to transfer foreign shares from another securities firm to Phillip Securities?
- What happens if I fail to pay or contra my purchase by due date?
- What is a fractional share?
- What is Cash in Lieu (CIL)?
- What is the procedure to deposit physical certificate/s with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd?
- What is the validity period for my European orders?
- What will happen to the fractional shares acquired from corporate actions?
Did this answer your question?