Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make payment for my unit trust purchases?
There are 3 ways in which you can make a payment:
Via bank ATM/internet banking facility:
Electronic Payment for Shares (EPS) – Lump Sum Payment
(preferred option); or
- GIRO , if you have applied for it. (Not applicable for Cash Management Accounts)
- Electronic Payment for Shares (EPS) – Lump Sum Payment
Via cheque payment:
- Send us a cheque with payee "Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (PSPL)"; or
- Cheque deposit is available at Phillip Investor Centres from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 6.00pm (except public holidays). For same day processing, please drop your cheques at the designated box on 6th floor @ Raffles City Tower by 3pm
Via Bank Internet Banking service:
Make payment via the Bill Payment function –
- Participating banks: POSB/DBS, UOB, OCBC, MayBank, Standard Chartered Bank, Citibank
Simply enter the full 7 digits of your trading account number.
If your account has less than 7 digits, please enter the relevant number of zeros before your account number e.g. trading account
“12345” to be entered as “0012345”
Note: It usually takes 2-3 working days for us to receive your payment. For Citibank bill payment, it will take 5-7 working days.
- Make payment via the Bill Payment function –
- EPS - Lump Sum Payment should be done by 9pm on T (Transaction) day.
- For existing DBS/POSB GIRO applicants with Phillip Securities, deduction will be carried out on T + 1 day after 3.00 pm.
- Online Bill Payment via internet banking should be performed on T day.
- All cheques must be deposited at the designated cheque collection box latest by 3pm on T+2 day.
- Investment Account (Margin/Custodian/PCMA) customers should ensure that there are sufficient funds in their accounts before submitting orders.
- Before the use of CPF-OA money to trade, please ensure that a standing instruction with your CPF investment bank is signed and CPF Investment account Number submitted to Phillip Securities.
- Phillip Securities Pte Ltd reserve the right to force sell any outstanding purchases. Any losses incurred shall be borne by customers
Other faq that might help you
- What are the Fees and Charges?
- How do I transfer-in my holdings maintained with other distributors or banks?
- How do I opt-in for SMART Park/Money Market Fund (Excess Funds Facility)?
- What is Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA) and how does it affect me?
- Who can invest in unit trusts?
- How are the Performance Returns and Annualised Performance Returns of funds derived?
- What is the meaning of (Acc) or (Dis) which is sometimes seen in the names of some funds?
- How do I make payment for my unit trust purchases?
- When will my unit trust orders be transacted?
- Since price (NAV) displayed is for the last dealing date, what is the NAV on the date that I have transacted?
- When will I receive my money after I have sold my unit trust holdings?
- Will I receive dividends?
- When will I receive dividends?
- What is CPF Investment Scheme (CPFIS)?
- What is Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS)?
- What is a CPF Investment Administrator (CPFIA)?
- Can a CPF investment be converted into a Cash investment?
- What is CPFIS Self-Awareness Questionnaire (SAQ)?
- How can I trade Unit Trust online?
- What is a Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan (RSP)?
- How do I apply for Unit Trust RSP and when will my Unit Trust RSP be effective?
- How do I apply for GIRO?
- How long will it take for my GIRO linkage to be approved?
- How will I be informed of the status of my Unit Trust RSP GIRO application?
- How can I start my Unit Trust RSP first while my GIRO linkage is pending for approval?
- Is an initial investment required before I can subscribe to Unit Trust RSP?
- When will the Unit Trust RSP investment amount be deducted?
- What will happen if I have insufficient money in my bank/CPF account for GIRO deductions for RSP?
- What will happen to my unit holdings after my Unit Trust RSP GIRO payments have been stopped?
- Can my Unit Trust RSP be settled in non-SGD currency?
- What are the Sales Charges for Unit Trust RSP?
- Is there any lock-in period for Unit Trust RSP?
- How do I make amendments on my Unit Trust RSP?
- When will my Unit Trust RSP amendments and/or terminations be effective?
- How can I terminate my Unit Trust RSP?
- Will my Unit Trust RSP be terminated automatically when I make a full redemption of my holdings?
- What will happen if my Unit Trust RSP fund is temporarily suspended or closed to subscriptions?
- Who can I contact if I would like to enquire about Unit Trust or Unit Trust RSP matters?
Did this answer your question?