Frequently Asked Questions
What is the foreign share transfer charges?
Share Transfer (Non SG market)
|No Change in Beneficial Owner|
|Other Financial Institution -> PSPL account||No charge by PSPL. Please check with your external broker for their charges.
1. For US transfer via Direct Registration System “DRS”, there will be a foreign broker fee of USD 50.
2. To transfer holdings from Issuer Sponsored to Broker (CHESS) Sponsored, there will be foreign broker fees of AUD 50 and courier fees of SGD 32.
3. Europe: USD 75 (Foreignforeign broker fees, settled in SGD)
|PSPL account -> Other Financial Institution||SGD100
Additional charges (foreign broker fees) apply to the following markets:
1. United Kingdom: USD 25
2. Japan: JPY 1,000 for the first lot, JPY 500 for every subsequent lot, up to a maximum charge of JPY 6,000
3. Australia: USD 12
4. Europe: USD 75
5. Malaysia: SGD 7 courier fee per transfer + SGD 5 per counter
|PSPL account -> PSPL account
(To Prepaid Custodian or Cash Plus account)
Any other account type To Prepaid Custodian or Cash Plus account: SGD 60
Prepaid Custodian or Cash Plus account To Any other account type: Free
Prepaid Custodian To Cash Plus account or vice versa: SGD 20
Additional charges (foreign broker fees) may apply to the following market:
|Change in Beneficial Owner|
|PSPL account <-> Other Financial Institution||0.25% of share valuation (min. of SGD 100). Please check with your external broker for their additional charges.|
|PSPL account -> PSPL account||
0.25% of share valuation (min. of SGD 100).
The fee is non-applicable for the following transfers between:
- All fees and charges above are based on Per Counter Per Transfer basis and are subject to GST, except additional charges (foreign broker fees).
- PSPL reserves the right to impose other charges or to revise the fees and charges without prior notice.
- Any out-of-pocket expenses, if any will be borne by the customer.
- For entire portfolio transfer, you may indicate “ALL” under “Name of Securities” and submit a copy of your latest statement with a list of counters to be transferred.
- PSPL reserves the right to reject transfer with change on beneficiary owner for any reason. Please check with your Trading Representative for more information.
Other faq that might help you
- What is the cost of setting up an Account?
- What is the transaction cost for trading on POEMS?
- Does POEMS levy subscription charges?
- Does POEMS impose a minimum amount of trade within a specified period?
- Are there any taxes levied on capital gains?
- What is the SGX share transfer charges?
- Brokerage Commission Fees
- Physical Scrip Deposit Charges
- Settlement methods
- Can I use GIRO to settle for my purchases?
Did this answer your question?