Daily Morning Note – 5 March 2018
WEEKLY MARKET OUTLOOK WEBINAR
Register HERE for MONDAY’s 11.15am webinar if you have not already done so.
Archived webinars available.
China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Ltd – What an outstanding year
Recommendation: BUY (Maintained), Last Done Price: S$1.35
Target Price: S$1.60, Analyst: Chen Guangzhi
– Major propellant came from soaring average selling price (ASP)
– The trial run of new capacity is pending for approval
– Raw material and rubber chemical prices are expected to remain high
Y Ventures Group Ltd – Investing for the future
Recommendation: NEUTRAL (Downgraded), Last Done Price: S$0.68
Target Price: S$0.70, Analyst: Alvin Chia, Paul Chew
– Revenue in FY17 was weaker than anticipated as some revenue transitioned away
from wholesale to online more aggressively than expected
– Expenses rose due to several one-offs, including upfront cost for projects in FY18
and increase in marketplace commission and fulfilment costs
– We downgraded our BUY recommendation to NEUTRAL with an unchanged target
price of S$0.70. Our downgrade is due to the recent price appreciation. There is
no change to our fundamental view of the company.
City Developments Limited – A fruitful year of successful landbanking
Recommendation: Accumulate (Maintained), Last Done Price: S$12.69
Target Price: S$13.40, Analyst: Tan Dehong
– FY17 revenue and adjusted earnings in line with forecast.
– Continued healthy uptake for launched local residential properties.
– Successful land acquisitions to capitalise on the Singapore residential market
– Recovery in hotel operations with 3.2% YoY global RevPAR growth, in constant
currency for FY17.
– Maintain ACCUMULATE with higher TP of S$13.4 (based on 15% discount to
Technical Analysis: S&P 500 – Monthly recession tracker – February update
Analyst: Jeremy Ng
– VIX Index indicator threshold was triggered in February, but the recent Volatility
explosion event is unlikely to usher in the end of the equity bull market
– Ted spread breaking above the 2 months range signals some tightening in the
– The rest of the 14 indicators in the “Phillip Recession Tracker” remained fine
– Broad-based equity market should continue to stay in the uptrend
Ho Bee Land Limited – Possible relaunch of Sentosa properties as market recovers
Recommendation: ACCUMULATE (Maintained), Last Done Price: S$2.53
Target Price: S$2.98, Analyst: Tan Dehong
– Stable recurring income portfolio continues to buffer earnings in absence of
– Recovering sentiment in high-end properties presents monetisation possibility for
– Impairment loss of S$16.8mn for JV project, Cape Royale in Sentosa.
– Maintain Accumulate with unchanged TP of S$2.98 (30% discount to RNAV).
Dasin Retail Trust – Tying up FY2017 on a steady footing
Recommendation: BUY (Maintained), Last Done Price: S$0.87
Target Price: S$0.98, Analyst: Phillip Research Team
– Revenue and NPI for FY17 were in line with our forecast. 69% YoY boost in
revenue on the back of contribution of Shiqi Metro Mall, acquired in June 2017.
– Further organic growth to be expected from the opening of Shiqi Metro Mall
Phase II in October 2017.
– Ample debt headroom (29.5% gearing) to act on ROFR pipeline of 19 properties.
– Maintain BUY and unchanged target price of S$0.98
Memories Group Limited has entered into a sales and purchase agreement with Tint Tint Travel and Tours Company Limited and Freepier Limited to acquire Burma Boating business for a purchase price of Kyat 1.3bn (c.US$1.0mn), which will be satisfied in cash and funded by the Group’s internally generated funds.
AEM Holdings Ltd attracted several long-only institutional and family funds, who took up 4mn shares at $6.10 per share from Orion Phoenix. Following the shares sale, Orion Phoenix’s shareholding was reduced by c.6.0% of AEM’s issued and paid up shares to 17.3%.
Y Ventures Group Ltd entered into a non-binding memorandum of understanding with Singapore Post Limited to explore a potential collaboration for the development of, amongst others: (a) an e-commerce buying platform which will focus on cross-border purchases on behalf of consumers, and consolidated deliveries; and (b) logistics-related technology to enhance efficiency across the vertical logistics chain.
Source: SGX Masnet, Phillip Securities Research
Clients of Phillip Securities can keep updated with Country Strategy and Singapore Sector Reports by logging into: www.poems.com.sg > STOCKS > Research
|The information contained in this email and/or its attachment(s) is provided to you for information only and is not intended to or nor will it create/induce the creation of any binding legal relations. The information or opinions provided in this email do not constitute an investment advice, an offer or solicitation to subscribe for, purchase or sell the e investment product(s) mentioned herein. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation and any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of this information. Investments are subject to investment risks including possible loss of the principal amount invested. The value of the product and the income from them may fall as well as rise. You may wish to seek advice from an independent financial adviser before making a commitment to purchase or investing in the investment product(s) mentioned herein. In the event that you choose not to do so, you should consider whether the investment product(s) mentioned herein is suitable for you. PhillipCapital and any of its members will not, in any event, be liable to you for any direct/indirect or any other damages of any kind arising from or in connection with your reliance on any information in and/or materials attached to this email. The information and/or materials provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding accuracy or fitness for a purpose is given in connection with such information and materials.|
|This e-mail and its attachment(s) may contain privileged or confidential information, which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use, copy, store, disseminate and/or disclose to any person this email and any of its attachment(s). PhillipCapital and its members will not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Thank you for your cooperation.|