Manulife Global Fund – Shareholder Notice dated 2 June 2022
- Please find attached the Notice to Shareholders dated 2 June 2022 issued by Manulife Global Fund (MGF), with changes coming into effect on 18 July 2022.
Appended table summarises the changes.
Summary of changes
Investment objective change to MGF Asia Total Return to enable investment in LAPs and CoCos up to 20%
Investment objective change to MGF China Total Return Bond Fund to enable investment in LAPs and CoCos up to 20%
Investment objective change to MGF Global Multi Asset Diversified Income to enable investment in LAPs and CoCos up to 5%
Changes to MGF Sustainable Asia Bond Fund:i) Investment policy change to enable the fund to invest up to 10% via bond stock ii) Investment policy change to minimum exposure in Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) themed bonds from 10% to 15% iii) Changes to ESG process
Repositioning of MGF Asian Equity Fund to MGF Sustainable Asia Equity Fund
Inclusion of India tax disclosure
Enhancement to disclosure of MGF Asia Dynamic Income Fund to comply with SFC requirement
Enhancement to disclosure of MGF Asian Short Duration Bond Fund to comply with SFC requirement
General and Administrative Updates
- Update of PRC taxation and addition of disclosure on India taxation
- Simplification of disclosures on initial subscription price of share classes
- Simplification of disclosures regarding performance fees (not currently levied on any of the sub-funds)
- Update of additional information for investors in the UK
- Enhancement of disclosures on “Small-Cap/Mid-Cap Risks” and risks associated with bond funds
- Amendments to disclosures to reflect regulatory updates and requirements under the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation in the European Union
For more details, you might refer to the shareholder notice.