New Year, New You
It’s the time of the year to set resolutions and goals as we welcome a brand new start. Some of you may be wondering how to grow your wealth, while others are wondering how they should use their Chinese New Year red packet money. Why not start with an investment plan that encourages regular, bite-size investments to save for the new year?
Did you know…?
Investing in Unit Trusts and through a Regular Savings Plan (RSP) does not have a lock-in period, as compared to other regular investment facilities that may have a lock-in period of 10, 20 years.
Whether you want to purchase that dream car or house, pay for your children’s education or go on that holiday that you have been looking forward to, you have the freedom to redeem your holdings.
Understanding Regular Savings Plan (RSP)
Plan your investment on solid ground
Whether you are planning for retirement, saving for your children, or achieving financial goals, a sound investment plan and the right products are your winning formula. In this scheme, the high potential returns and cost effectiveness of Unit Trusts are combined with an investment strategy. The scheme is known as the Regular Savings Plan or RSP for short.
RSP builds your Unit Trust portfolio over time by an investment strategy called Dollar Cost Averaging, which mitigates market risks and fluctuations.
DCA is practiced by purchasing more units when the price is lower and fewer units when the price is higher. Investing a fixed amount every period over a period of time manages market risks and fluctuations and allows you to benefit over time.
Take a look at this illustration. You have $2000 to invest, you invest $200 every period into a fund via an RSP.
|Period||Investment||Price per unit||Units Purchased|
*For illustration purposes only.
If you had purchased $2,000 worth of units in Period 1, you would only had a total of 200 units. Instead, with Dollar Cost Averaging via RSP, the average unit price and cost of investment are lower as illustrated in this simple calculation:
|Without DCA||With DCA|
|Average Unit Price|
|Total price ÷ no. of transactions||$10.00 ÷ 1 = $10||$60.00 ÷ 10 = $6.00|
|Average Cost of Investment|
|Total cost ÷ no. of units purchased||$2,000 ÷ 200 = $10||$2,000 ÷ 456.66 = $4.38|
It is difficult to time the market where the prices fluctuate all the time. Adopting dollar cost averaging is an investment strategy to ensure an overall risk-mitigated average price per share.
For limited Period,
Receive S$30 cash credits when you subscribe to an RSP.*
Receive up to S$30 cash credits when you subscribe to an RSP for any of the promotion funds:
- Phillip Singapore Real Estate Income Fund
- Phillip Income Fund
- Phillip Asia Pacific Growth Fund
3 Easy Steps to subscribe to RSP
- Step 1: Login to POEMS
- Step 2: Click “Acct Mgmt” (Account Management tab) > “Regular Savings Plan (RSP)”
- Step 3: Search for fund and apply for RSP
A minimum monthly RSP subscription of $200 or quarterly RSP subscription of $600 is required to qualify for this promotion.
Receive these rewards for a limited period!
Promotion runs from 8 January to 9 March 2018. Ready to invest?Click on “Factsheet” to find out more about each fund or “Buy Now” to access fund info on POEMS.
|Phillip Asia Pacific Growth Fund||Factsheet||BUY NOW|
|Phillip Income Fund||Factsheet||BUY NOW|
|Phillip Singapore Real Estate Income Fund||Factsheet||BUY NOW|
Opt in for Phillip’s Excess Funds Facility
The cash rewards will be credited to clients’ accounts under the Excess Funds Facility. Clients must thus opt in to the parking facility to be eligible for the promotion.
About Phillip’s Excess Funds Facility
The excess funds facility manages your idle cash into a money market fund. Let us help you maximize your investment opportunities!
- Fast and simple online transfer & withdrawal
- No sales charge or administrative fees
- No lock-in period
- The largest^ retail SGD Money Market Fund in the market
Rates updated as of 15 January 2018, based on 1-year rolling return, NAV/NAV prices. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance.
More about money market fund
For assistance, call us at 6531 1555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to make a lumpsum investment, you may find out more about our promotion on lump sum investments.
Terms & Conditions:
- This promotion is valid from 8 January 2018 to 9 March 2018. To be eligible for this promotion, RSP subscription must be submitted by 9 March 2018.
- First GIRO payment must be made by 31 March 2018.
- The promotion is for all classes of these three (3) funds: Phillip Asia Pacific Growth Fund, Phillip Singapore Real Estate Investment Fund, and Phillip Income Fund.
- All rewards will be credited under the Excess Funds Facility in clients’ accounts (“the reward”). Clients must grant excess fund authorization by opting in to be eligible for the promotion.
- Only new Regular Savings Plans will be considered. Existing Regular Savings Plans will not be considered.
- The reward of S$30 will be credited upon 6 successful RSP contributions with a minimum subscription amount of S$200 for a single fund.
- The reward is limited to one RSP per account. If an account begins more than one RSP, the RSP with the highest subscription amount will be considered for the promotion.
- If a client has more than one single account, the reward is only applicable for an RSP of one single account.
- Prevailing sales charges apply, if applicable.
- Only investments via Phillip Financial Advisory Representatives or trades done online through POEMS are eligible for this promotion.
- In the event of a dispute over the client’s eligibility to participate in this promotion, Phillip Securities Private Limited’s (“PSPL”) decision will be final.
- Notwithstanding anything herein contained, PSPL reserves the right at any time in its absolute discrete to (i) amend, add and / or delete any time of these Terms and Conditions without prior notification (including eligibility and qualifying terms and criteria), and all participants shall be bound by such amendments, additions and / or deletions when effected, or (ii) vary, withdraw, or cancel any items or the promotion without having to disclose a reason there of and without any compensation or payment whatsoever. PSPL’s decision on all matters relating to the promotion shall be final and binding on all participants.