$0 Brokerage Fees* for Online BUY Trades for Selected ETFs with Exposure to China!
China’s economy has experienced astounding growth in the last few decades that catapulted the country to become the second largest economy in the world. As economic and market growth continues, albeit under a volatile macro environment, China’s growing role is likely to transform the global economy and its importance in our investment portfolio.
Gain exposure to China’s market with the selected ETFs and receive cash rebates on your online BUY trades.
Eligible ETFs for the Promotion
- CSOP FTSE China A50 ETF [2822 (HKD), 82822 (RMB)]
- Tracks the FTSE China A50 Index
- Easy access to the 50 largest market cap A shares in China
- One of the largest ETF in Hong Kong with more than ~13 billion CNY in Net Asset Value (NAV) as of 5 December 20191
- CSOP MSCI China A Inclusion Index ETF [3149 (HKD), 83149 (RMB)]
- Tracks the MSCI China A Inclusion Index
- MSCI China A Inclusion Index is a list of A shares which are included in MSCI Emerging Markets Index
- Underlying index benefits directly from the increasing northbound flow into Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges2
- Growing inclusion of A shares into MSCI indexes3
- China’s onshore equity market is one of the largest equity market in the world, with a market cap of more than USD 4 trillion4
- Offers liquidity, transparency and diversification across China A market
- CSOP Bloomberg Barclays China Treasury + Policy Bank Bond Index ETF [3199 (HKD), 83199 (RMB), 9199 (USD)]
- The index comprises of RMB denominated bonds issued in China interbank bond market
- Only fixed rate bonds, treasuries and bonds issued by the Policy Banks are included into the index
- China’s onshore bond market is the second largest in the world5
- All the bonds included in the ETF are sovereign and quasi-sovereign bonds, which have the same rating as China’s sovereign rating
- China is continually opening its bond market and offering preferential policies to foreign investors6
- China’s sovereign and quasi-sovereign bonds have low correlation relative to other major broad market indexes – a potential diversification tool for investors7
- CSOP SZSE ChiNext ETF [3147 (HKD), 83147 (RMB)]
- First ETF in HKEx with access to the dynamic Shenzhen ChiNext market
- The ChiNext Board has often been referred to as “China’s NASDAQ” and is designed to attract listings from innovative growth-oriented Chinese firms8
- The ChiNext Board is a small-cap growth board that provides a unique access to China’s “new economy” sectors, such as Internet and Media9
- The only investment vehicle for foreign retail investors to gain exposure to ChiNext stocks, as ChiNext stocks are not available to this group of investors
- ICBC CSOP S&P New China Sectors ETF [3167 (HKD), 83167 (RMB), 9167 (USD)]
- Tracks the S&P New China Sectors Index
- The index comprises of China’s new economy stocks listed in China, Hong Kong and the United States
- Gain access to China’s new economy that is driven by consumption, information technology, health care etc10
- No exposure to traditional industries that usually take a huge portion in the other China focused index
- New economies, like the technology and consumer sectors, are the growth engine of China’s economy in the future11
*Investments are subject to investment risks including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. You should read the ETFs’ prospectus and the accompanying product highlights sheets for key features and key risks and seek advice from a financial adviser (“FA”) or you should assess and consider whether the ETFs are suitable for you before proceeding to invest in the ETFs. Listing on SGX does not guarantee a liquid market for the units of the ETFs, which may be traded at prices above or below its net assets value or may be suspended or delisted. Unlike unlisted unit trusts, investors cannot create/subscribe or redeem ETF units directly with the fund manager of the ETFs. Please refer to the Prospectus of the ETFs for more details.
Terms & Conditions for $0 Brokerage Fees* Promotion for Selected ETFs with China Exposure
- Promotion is valid from 3 January 2020 to 31 March 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
- This Promotion is applicable to (“Eligible Accounts”):
- New and existing customers with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (“PSPL”) using Phillip Investment Accounts, Phillip Cash Management Accounts or Cash Trading Account (“Eligible Accounts”).
- Phillip Investment Accounts include Margin, Custodian and Prepaid.
- Eligible Accounts will receive $0 brokerage fees on eligible online buy trades in the form of trade rebate as stated in point 4, 5, 7 and 8.
- Trade rebate in SGD will be credited to the Eligible Accounts within one month after the end of the Promotion Period.
- For non-SGD brokerage during settlement, the trade rebate will be converted to SGD based on the prevailing exchange rate.
- PSPL will not be responsible for any losses incurred from the different exchange rate conversion during settlement date and trade rebate date.
- Promotion is only valid for online buy trades with minimum gross contract value of SGD2000, HKD12000, CNY10000 or USD1500, depending on the currency class of the ETF.
- Only buy trades made for the following 5 Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are eligible for this promotion:
- CSOP FTSE China A50 ETF (includes HKD and RMB class)
- CSOP MSCI China A Inclusion Index ETF (includes HKD and RMB class)
- CSOP Bloomberg Barclays China Treasury + Policy Bank Bond Index ETF (includes HKD, RMB and USD class)
- CSOP SZSE ChiNext ETF (includes HKD and RMB class)
- ICBC CSOP S&P New China Sectors ETF (includes HKD, RMB and USD class)
- Brokerage charged is subject to prevailing exchange rates and minimum brokerage.
- All other prevailing fees and charges pertaining to the trades done in Eligible Accounts would apply.
- Eligible Accounts closed before or on 31 March 2020 will not be eligible for the trade rebates.
- Overseas listed securities and financial products will be subjected to the relevant custody fees.
- Eligible Accounts have to opt in for Excess Funds Management Facility (“Smart Park”) to be eligible for the rebates.
- Customers are required to acknowledge the Risk Warning Statement and complete the Customer Account Review (CAR) form in order to trade these ETFs.
- The following Customers are NOT eligible for this Promotion unless approved by the management of Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (“PSPL”):
- PSPL institutional and corporate Customers.
- All employees of PSPL / Phillip Futures Pte Ltd (“PFPL”) and its associated entities (including trading representatives, financial advisor representatives); PSPL and all its subsidiaries (direct or indirect); and their immediate families (e.g. spouse and children).
- Notwithstanding anything herein contained, PSPL reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to (i) amend, add and / or delete these Terms and Conditions without prior notification (including eligibility; replacement of the prize; promotional mechanics, promotion duration without prior notification, qualifying terms and criteria), and all participants shall be bound by such amendments, additions and / or deletions when effected, or (ii) vary, withdraw, or cancel any items or the promotion without having to disclose a reason thereof and without any compensation or payment whatsoever. PSPL’s decision on all matters relating to the promotion shall be final and binding on all participants.
- By taking part in this promotion, the participant acknowledges that he / she has read and consented to these Terms & Conditions.
This advertisement is intended for general information only and does not constitute a recommendation, an offer or solicitation to buy or sell the product mentioned. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs. Investments are subject to investment risks including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. The value of the units in any fund and the income from them may fall as well as rise. Past performance figures as well as any projection or forecast used in this advertisement are not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance of any fund. You should read the prospectus of the respective ETFs (which is available on websites of the issuers) and understand their structure and associated risks before deciding to invest. You may wish to obtain advice from a financial adviser before making a commitment to purchase any investment products mentioned herein. In the event that you choose not to obtain advice from a financial adviser, you should consider whether the investment product is suitable for you. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.