We have launched 3 new U.S. market order types: Market Order, Market on Open Order and Market on Close Order.
An order placement with a defined quantity but no price. It will be traded at the best price currently available in the market.
Market on Open (MOO) Order
An order placement with a defined quantity but without a price. It is placed before a market is opened and will be executed at the Primary Market’s opening price for that day.
Market on Close (MOC) Order
An order placement with a defined quantity but without a price. It is placed during the market trading session and will be executed at the Primary Market’s closing for the day.
What are the benefits and risks?
- Immediate execution of trade
- Trades will be fully executed if there is sufficient volume in the market
- Buy market orders might have too high a price
- Sell market orders might have too low a price
- Lack of control of price precision
- Illiquid counters with large bid and ask spreads will have magnified risk
- Risk of overtrading
When can I place a market order?
The time bracket to place a Market, MOO and MOC order is from 9pm SGT on non-DST (10pm SGT on DST) onwards; 30 minutes before market opens.
Times stated above reflect Singapore Time, bracketed timings reflect Daylight Savings Time.
Other facilities available to help in your U.S. trading journey:
Complimentary LIVE price quotes for US markets!*
View listed companies data with Stock Analytics!
FREE technical analysis with POEMS Technical Insight!
Keep Multi-Currency balances in your account!