Lion-Nomura Japan Active ETF
Why invest in Lion-Nomura Japan Active ETF?
The Japanese economy has awakened from its slumber, with the Tokyo Stock Price Index (TOPIX) reaching a 33-year high in Nov 2023. Japan’s long-term growth story is now favourably shaped by structural catalysts like corporate governance reforms and inflation. As these catalysts take time to be priced in, the Japanese market is still at an attractive entry point now.
The proprietary AI models evaluate hundreds of factors to assign scores to each stock in the investable universe. The investment team (consisting of both Lion Global Investors and Nomura Asset Management) then selects and assigns weights to the stocks based on their AI model scores. The result is a final portfolio of 50 to 100 quality Japanese stocks.
Combining the strengths of both entities, we bring you the Lion-Nomura Japan Active ETF, which is both Singapore’s first actively managed ETF and Singapore’s first AI-powered ETF.
What is the investment objective?
The investment objective of the Fund is to achieve long-term capital growth through investment in an actively managed portfolio of Japanese equity securities, diversified across sectors and market capitalisation.
What is the difference between active and passive ETFs?
An actively managed exchange-traded fund (commonly known as an active ETF) is managed an investment team responsible for researching and making active decisions about the fund’s portfolio allocation.
Passive ETFs are designed to track a benchmark index and are constrained by the index rules and methodology. They do not track a benchmark index and are less constrained, which can potentially make them more flexible to outperform the broader market.
Active ETFs typically have lower management fees relative to comparable traditional active funds, making them more cost efficient for investors.
Webinar on Lion-Nomura Japan Active ETF
Subscribe to Lion-Nomura Japan Active ETF during the Initial Offering Period (IOP) via POEMS 2.0
- Login to your POEMS 2.0 account > Acct Mgt > Online Forms > IPO Subscription – Irrevocable Form
- Select the IPO that you wish to subscribe to
- Read and agree to the prospectus, terms and conditions before subscribing to the financial product
- Application closes on 24 Jan 2024, Wednesday at 5pm
- Ensure sufficient cash is present in your POEMS account to complete the application process (inclusive of subscription amount, transfer fee and GST) by the settlement date on 24 Jan 2024, Wednesday at 5pm
|5-24 Jan 2024
|31 Jan 2024
SGD 10.00 (Subject to GST) for Cash Management Account.
Other Phillip Investment Account Types will not be subject to transfer fee charge
|Actively Managed Exchange Traded Fund (“Active ETF”)
|Tokyo Stock Price Index (TOPIX)
|Excluded Investment Products (EIP)
|Board Lot Size:
|Dividend Distribution Frequency:
|We may but currently do not intend to make distributions
|Management Fee and Total Expense Ratio:
|0.70% per annum (management fee) Total Expense Ratio is not available because it’s not capped unlike our previous passive ETFs.
|Lion Global Investors Limited
Call your trading representative or visit your nearest Phillip Investor Centres for further assistance.
Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can participate in this initial offer.
For more information on how to transfer funds to your POEMS account, please visit https://www.poems.com.sg/payment/
For more information about ETFs, please visit https://www.poems.com.sg/products/etf/
Terms and Conditions
- The subscription period for this ETF is from 05 Jan 2024, Friday at 9am to 24 Jan 2024, Wednesday at 5pm
- The online subscription will close on 24 Jan 2024 at 5pm. No new applications, amendments, or withdrawals are allowed after this deadline.
- Six types of accounts namely, Cash Plus, Cash Management (KC), Prepaid (CC), Custodian (C), Margin (M) and Share Financing (V) accounts are eligible to subscribe for this ETF.
- An additional transfer fee charge of SGD 10 (subject to GST) per application for Cash Management Accounts will be applicable.
- Cash Trading Accounts (T) are not eligible to participate in this subscription.
- Only one application is allowed per account.
- Each ETF unit is priced at SGD1 and the minimum order quantity is 1,000 units, with an incremental order size of 1,000 units.
- There are zero commission fees.
- The total amount payable is denominated in SGD. The settlement currency will be in SGD.
- Sufficient funds (including transfer fee and GST) must be present in the client’s trading account by 24 Jan 2024 at 5pm
- Applications will be rejected if the account does not have or reflect sufficient funds after 24 Jan 2024 at 5pm.
- ETF units will be credited to the clients’ CDP or clients’ sub-account with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd by 31 Jan 2024.
- Clients will receive the full allotment of the number of ETF units that they subscribe to.
- Clients can start trading the ETF units when the ETF is listed on SGX on 31 Jan 2024 at 9am.