Daily Morning Note – 17 May 2018
WEEKLY MARKET OUTLOOK WEBINAR
Register HERE for MONDAY’s 11.15am webinar today.
Archived webinars available.
Thai Beverage – Accretive acquisitions but domestic beer demand drags
Recommendation: Buy (Maintain), Last Close Price: S$0.61
Target Price: S$1.05, Analyst: Soh Lin Sin
– 1H18 Revenue/Core EBITDA met 55%/50% of our full year expectations; Earnings
missed on higher than expected finance costs and effective tax rate
– Strong results from recent acquisitions unable to offset the persistent weakness in
Thai Beer market
– Introduction of a new excise tax of 2% for Elderly Fund since 26 Jan-18
– Proposed lower interim dividend of 0.15 baht per share (1H17: 0.20 baht)
– Maintained BUY with unchanged SOTP-derived TP of S$1.05
CNMC Goldmine Holdings Limited – Satisfactory CIL results
Recommendation: BUY, Last Done Price: S$0.275
Target Price: S$0.42, Analyst: Chen Guangzhi
– The first gold pour from CIL plant delivered a substantial improvement in
– Business remains intact under the new federal administration.
– Both operating and non-operating costs will surge.
– Upgrade to BUY with a higher TP as we expect production and earnings will
rebound strongly this year
Banyan Tree Holdings Limited – Improved profitability across major business segments
Recommendation: Accumulate (Maintained), Last Close Price: S$0.59
Target Price: S$0.73, Analyst: Tan Dehong
– Revenue and earnings outperformed our forecasts due to stronger performance
from Group-owned hotels.
– Better operating performance from Group owned hotels in biggest market
Thailand offset weakness in Maldives.
– Improved profitability in Fee-based segment.
– Property sales segment turned in losses even with 155% YoY increase in revenue.
– Maintain ACCUMULATE with higher target price of S$0.73 (from $0.71) after
factoring in divestment gains.
SIA Engineering Company Ltd – On a path to recovery
Recommendation: Accumulate (Maintain), Last Close Price: $3.31
Target Price: $3.57, Analyst: Richard Leow
– Revenue was within our and consensus expectation
– Adjusted PATMI was 4% lower our expectation; and in line with consensus
– Final dividend of 9 cents with no special dividend (FY17: 9 cents final, 5 cents
– Maintain Accumulate, higher target price of $3.57 (previously $3.51)
Asian Pay Television Trust – Non-subscription revenue caused the damage
Recommendation: Buy (Upgrade), Last Close Price: S$0.47
Target Price: S$0.52, Analyst: Paul Chew
– 1Q18 revenue and EBITDA disappointed, after declining by 7% YoY. Our
expectations were flat revenue and EBITDA.
– Revenue was negatively affected by weaker selling prices from TV prepaid
packages and a significant drop in non-subscription revenue sourced from TV
– We have cut our target price to S$0.52 (previously S$0.62). This is after lowering
our earnings forecast and terminal growth rate assumptions. The yield is
attractive, but capital appreciation will be challenged until there are more stability
in revenues. The share price decline has triggered an upgrade to BUY.
Geo Energy Res Ltd – Daily timeframe – Bullish
– Since the bullish rejection off the 0.215 range low on 14/05/18, the bullish follow-through managed to break price above the 0.230 range high on 16/05/18 signals a reversal higher next.
– Expect price to rebound higher next once the bullish follow-through occurs for price to test the 0.265 resistance area followed by 0.300.
For more information and additional disclosures, refer to the link here.
Keppel Offshore & Marine’s (Keppel O&M) wholly-owned subsidiary Keppel Singmarine Pte Ltd (Keppel Singmarine) has secured contracts from Van Oord to build two high-specification Trailing Suction Hopper Dredgers (TSHDs).
Profit Guidance: The Board of Directors of Hiap Seng Engineering Ltd expects the Group to report a loss for 4QFY2018 and FY2018.
Profit Guidance: The Board of Directors of Travelite Holdings Ltd expects the Group to report a loss for FY2018.
BlackRock has become a substantial shareholder of Venture Corp Ltd, raising its stake from 4.94% to 5.13%.
SATS Ltd has entered into a JV agreement with Jet Aviation (Asia Pacific) Pte. Ltd. and Universal Singapore Airport Services Pte. Ltd., to set up a company in Singapore to carry on the business of providing terminal management services as the operator of the Seletar Airport Business Aviation Center.
The Group Managing Director of OKP Holdings Limited, and the Project Director and the Project Engineer for the project, have received summonses from the Ministry of Manpower and/or the Building & Construction Authority in relation to the accident (exit to Tampines Expressway).
Source: SGX Masnet, Bloomberg, Channel NewsAsia, Reuters, The Business Times, PSR
Clients of Phillip Securities can keep updated with Country Strategy and Singapore Sector Reports by logging into: www.poems.com.sg > STOCKS > Research
|The information contained in this email and/or its attachment(s) is provided to you for information only and is not intended to or nor will it create/induce the creation of any binding legal relations. The information or opinions provided in this email do not constitute an investment advice, an offer or solicitation to subscribe for, purchase or sell the e investment product(s) mentioned herein. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation and any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of this information. Investments are subject to investment risks including possible loss of the principal amount invested. The value of the product and the income from them may fall as well as rise. You may wish to seek advice from an independent financial adviser before making a commitment to purchase or investing in the investment product(s) mentioned herein. In the event that you choose not to do so, you should consider whether the investment product(s) mentioned herein is suitable for you. PhillipCapital and any of its members will not, in any event, be liable to you for any direct/indirect or any other damages of any kind arising from or in connection with your reliance on any information in and/or materials attached to this email. The information and/or materials provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding accuracy or fitness for a purpose is given in connection with such information and materials.|
|This e-mail and its attachment(s) may contain privileged or confidential information, which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use, copy, store, disseminate and/or disclose to any person this email and any of its attachment(s). PhillipCapital and its members will not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Thank you for your cooperation.|