Daily Morning Note – 24 April 2020
U.S. stock futures were slightly lower on Thursday night as investors continued to weigh the prospects of a potential coronavirus treatment.
Dow Jones Industrial Average futures were down 67 points, or 0.3%. S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 futures dipped 0.4% and 0.6%, respectively.
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite closed just below the flatline on Thursday while the Dow eked out a small gain. At their session highs, however, the averages were all up more than 1%.
MAPLETREE Logistics Trust (MLT), releasing its results on Thursday after market close, has declared a distribution per unit (DPU) of 2.048 Singapore cents for the fourth quarter ended March 31, up 1.2 per cent from 2.024 Singapore cents in the year-ago period.
Q&M Dental Group is investing some S$3 million to build a new Covid-19 testing business via a joint venture with scientist Dr Ong Siew Hwa, the company said in a statement Thursday morning.
THE Covid-19 outbreak in China has caused a plunge in first-quarter sales for tenants of malls under CapitaLand Retail China Trust (CRCT), with sales dropping 42.5 per cent year on year.
WEALTH management fintech firm iFAST on Thursday posted a 126.8 per cent rise in net profit to S$3.6 million for its first quarter ended March 31, 2020, from S$1.6 million a year ago.
FRASERS Centrepoint Trust (FCT) on Thursday posted a second-quarter distribution per unit (DPU) of 1.61 Singapore cents, down 48.7 per cent from 3.137 cents a year ago.
Source: SGX Masnet, The Business Times, Bloomberg, Channel NewsAsia, Reuters, PSR
Thai Beverage PLC
Recommended Action: Technical SELL
The technicals indicate severe weakness and point to a resumption of the bearish trend
Keppel DC REIT- Only if the price is right
Recommendation: HOLD (Downgraded), Last Done: S$2.45
Target Price: S$2.20, Analyst: Natalie Ong
– 1Q20 DPU of 2.08cents was in line, forming 23% of FY20e DPU estimates
– Portfolio metrics healthy – long WALE of 8.3 years, portfolio occupancy at 94.7% – and AEIs to drive revenue growth.
– While we like KDC for its solid portfolio and future-ready asset class, we think that upside is limited given the strong ride up in prices, and yields at c.3%, are not compelling. We recommend accumulating on pull back
– Downgrade to HOLD with a higher target price of $2.20 (previously $2.06). We adjusted our estimates upwards while lowering the cost of equity by 100bps to reflect the lower interest rates, and lower beta slightly as we believe the data centre asset class should be less sensitive to market factors
SGD Bonds Strategy – Rising risk of non-calls
Credit Analyst: Timothy Ang
– After a decline in interest rates, the refix structure of callable bonds, such as perpetual bonds, increases the risk of non-call
– We list the bonds with higher non-call risk
– Interest rates are expected to stay low for at least the year
– Choose vanilla bullet bonds, senior perpetual bonds, and bonds with step up clauses to avoid refix and non-call risk
HK Reports – Read up on our Hong Kong reports here
Webinar Of The Week
Date: 13 April 2020
|The information contained in this email and/or its attachment(s) is provided to you for information only and is not intended to or nor will it create/induce the creation of any binding legal relations. The information or opinions provided in this email do not constitute an investment advice, an offer or solicitation to subscribe for, purchase or sell the e investment product(s) mentioned herein. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation and any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of this information. Investments are subject to investment risks including possible loss of the principal amount invested. The value of the product and the income from them may fall as well as rise. You may wish to seek advice from an independent financial adviser before making a commitment to purchase or investing in the investment product(s) mentioned herein. In the event that you choose not to do so, you should consider whether the investment product(s) mentioned herein is suitable for you. PhillipCapital and any of its members will not, in any event, be liable to you for any direct/indirect or any other damages of any kind arising from or in connection with your reliance on any information in and/or materials attached to this email. The information and/or materials provided 揳s is?without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding accuracy or fitness for a purpose is given in connection with such information and materials.|
|This e-mail and its attachment(s) may contain privileged or confidential information, which is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use, copy, store, disseminate and/or disclose to any person this email and any of its attachment(s). PhillipCapital and its members will not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Thank you for your cooperation.|