Frequently Asked Questions
Under what circumstances is contra performed?
Contra is performed as long as there is a corresponding SELL contract to match against an outstanding BUY contract of the same counter (not applicable to CPF/SRS trades) on condition that the outstanding BUY contract is purchased ON or BEFORE the SELL contract date. The quantity of both contracts (i.e. BUY and SELL) may not exactly match and the Contra quantity is based on the lesser number.
Other faq that might help you
- What is contra?
- Can I trade contra with POEMS?
- Which markets does POEMS offer contra trading?
- Under what circumstances is contra performed?
- Will contra be performed if the settlement currency of a SELL contract is different from that of the outstanding BUY contract?
- When must I make payment for contra losses?
- Can my contra-profits of Stock A be used to net-off losses from Stock B?
- If I am settling by GIRO, can I contra?
- When will the contra loss/gain be settled under GIRO?
- When will the contra loss/gain be settled?
- What is the settlement currency of contra gain and loss for contracts opted to settle in traded currency ?
Did this answer your question?