Frequently Asked Questions
What is contra?
It is a form of trading where the investor does not collect the securities he purchases nor delivers the securities he sells, but arranged to settle outstanding differences which may be profits or losses.
Other faq that might help you
- What is contra?
- Can I trade contra with POEMS?
- Which markets does POEMS offer contra trading?
- Under what circumstances is contra performed?
- Will contra be performed if the settlement currency of a SELL contract is different from that of the outstanding BUY contract?
- When must I make payment for contra losses?
- Can my contra-profits of Stock A be used to net-off losses from Stock B?
- If I am settling by GIRO, can I contra?
- When will the contra loss/gain be settled under GIRO?
- When will the contra loss/gain be settled?
- What is the settlement currency of contra gain and loss for contracts opted to settle in traded currency ?
Did this answer your question?