Frequently Asked Questions
Margin (M) Account
How long will it take to open an account from overseas?
It takes only one day to open an account if all the required documents are submitted and no AML records are found. You can open an account via https://www.poems.com.sg/open-an-account-tr/.
If you are an existing account holder, please apply for the Margin Account via POEMS > Acct Mgmt > Stocks > online forms > Margin Account Opening. The account should be opened by the next working day.
Other faq that might help you
- Information Sheet
- Can I open a corporate margin account?
- Who can open a Margin (M) Account?
- Can I contra my trades?
- Can I open a joint margin account?
- Can I sell my existing shares in CDP through Margin (M) Account?
- Can I sell those shares allotted (IPO Shares) through Margin (M) Account?
- How do I transfer the shares into my Margin (M) Account?
- How long does it take for shares to be transferred into my account?
- How long does it take to start an account?
- How long will it take to open an account from overseas?
- If I have an existing Custodian (C) Account maintained with Phillip Securities, can I convert it to Margin (M) Account?
- What are the charges for Margin (M) Account?
- What are the requirements to be able to open a Margin (M) Account from overseas?
- What if the customer requires more credit?
- With multi-currency facility, will there be automatic conversion of currency for my currencies in debit balances?
Did this answer your question?