Frequently Asked Questions
Trading in US Markets via Phillip Securities is only available to non-US citizen / non-US resident.
You have to sign and mail-in the W-8Ben Form before trading in the US market.
When will W8-BEN form expire?
W8-BEN form will remain in effect for a period of 3 years, starting on the date the form is signed and expiring on the last day of the 3rd succeeding calendar year. It is mandatory for you to renew this form before the last day of the 3rd succeeding calendar year in order to continue to trade in the US market. Failing which, Phillip Securities Pte Ltd “PSPL” will cease to provide custodian services to your US portfolio.
Other faq that might help you
- Over The Counter Shares (OTC/OTCBB)
- American Depositary Receipt (ADR)
- Depository Receipt(DR)
- US Stock Indices
- Description of US Stock Exchange Practices
- Trade Control Rules
- I placed an order on POEMS but my order was rejected
- Can I trade US Counters through POEMS if I am a US Resident/ US Citizen /Canadian Citizen?
Did this answer your question?