Advanced Order Types with validities
Extensive technical insights with more than 40 indicators on Chart View
Fully Customisable Workspaces & Settings
Price and Order Alerts
If you have no trading account with us…
Open an account
Log in to POEMS Mercury
If you have an existing trading account with us…
Log in to POEMS Mercury
Execute 3 or more done trades in Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX)
- “Promotional Period” is from 23 January 2017 to 30 June 2017 (both dates inclusive)
- This Promotion is applicable to “Eligible Clients” of Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (PSPL) who fulfill either of the criteria listed below:(i) Existing POEMS client who have executed 3 or more done trades in Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) via POEMS Mercury within the calendar month (Period of 23 – 31 Jan will be included in Feb) (ii) OR new accounts (based on NRIC) opened on or after 23 Jan and logged in to POEMS Mercury as least once within the Promotional Period.
- Eligible clients who trade within the Promotional Period will receive: – Free SGX Market Depth for 1 month.
- Activation of SGX Market Depth for eligible clients will be done the following month.
- Eligible clients under (i), who successfully qualified for the previous month may continue to execute 3 or more done trades and be eligible in subsequent months, e.g. Client A executed 3 or more trades in Feb 2017 and received 1 month market depth in Mar 2017, can qualify again in Mar 2017 to received another month of free market depth in Apr 2017, provided he executed 3 or more trades in Mar 2017.
- Eligible clients under (ii), who successfully qualified for 1 month free market depth based on the new account opened, will be eligible for criteria (i) for the remaining of the Promotional Period.
- SGX market depth is not transferable between PSPL accounts.
- All employees of PSPL and its associated entities (e.g. trading representatives, financial advisors), PSPL and all its subsidiaries (direct or indirect) and their immediate families (e.g. spouse and children) are not eligible for this promotion.
- Notwithstanding anything herein contained, PSPL reserves the right at any time in its absolute discrete to (i) amend, add and / or delete any time of these Terms and Conditions without prior notification (including eligibility and qualifying terms and criteria), and all participants shall be bound by such amendments, additions and / or deletions when effected, or (ii) vary, withdraw, or cancel any items or the promotion without having to disclose a reason there of and without any compensation or payment whatsoever. PSPL decision on all matters relating to the promotion shall be final and binding on all participants.
- By taking part in this promotion, the participant acknowledges that he/she has read and consented to these Terms and Conditions.
Please note the following recommended and minimum requirements.
Using the software on a system that falls below the recommended system requirements may result in less than optimal performance.
Recommended System Requirements:
- Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Multi-core Intel® or AMD® processor at 3 GHz or faster
- 8 GB or more RAM
- 1 GB or more available hard disk space or more
- Screen Resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels or higher
- Cable Broadband Internet Connection of 200Mbps or better
- To achieve best performance, a dedicated PC should be used for POEMS Mercury only.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Window 7
- Single-core Intel® or AMD® processor at 1.5 GHz or faster
- 4 GB RAM
- 500 MB or more available hard disk space
- Screen Resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels or higher
- Cable Broadband Internet Connection of 50Mbps or better
You may only view/withdraw SGX Limit and Stop Limit day orders placed through POEMS Mercury on POEMS 2.0. Simply go to the ‘Order Status’ tab, under ‘Today’s Orders’. Likewise, the orders placed using POEMS 2.0 or POEMS Mobile will be reflected on POEMS Mercury. You may view and/or withdraw these orders using POEMS Mercury.
However, for foreign markets, only working limit orders placed on POEMS Mercury will be shown on POEMS 2.0. For the advanced order types, it will be reflected in POEMS 2.0 only when the orders are completed.
- SGX (Singapore Stock Exchange)
- HKEx (Hong Kong Stock Exchange)
- SSE (Shanghai Stock Exchange)
- Bursa (Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange)
- NYSE (New York Stock Exchange)
- NYSE MKT (formerly known as AMEX)
- SET (The Stock Exchange of Thailand)
- Limit Order
- Stop Limit Order
- IF-Done Related Order
- OCO (One Cancels Other) Related Order
(1) Day OrderThe order is only valid for the day that it is entered into the order book. Unexecuted orders will automatically expire at the end of the trading day.
(2) Good-till-Date (GTD)Clients can specify up to a maximum of 30 days for their orders to stay active. The orders will stay active until completed or cancelled.
|SGX||Subscribe from the Rewards tab in POEMS 2.0|
|HKEx||Available with the HKEx Live Price subscription, subscribe from the Rewards tab in POEMS 2.0|
|SSE||Available with the SSE Live Price subscription, subscribe from the Rewards tab in POEMS 2.0|
|NYSE / NYSE MKT / NASDAQ||Market Depth for U.S. exchanges are not available|
|Bursa||Market Depth for Bursa is not available|
A limit order is an order given by the client specifying a maximum buying price or minimum selling price, beyond which the order will not be executed. A limit buy order may be filled at the limit price or lower and a limit sell may be filled at the limit price or higher.
|Order Type||SGX||All Foreign Markets|
|Limit Order – Day||A Limit Order (Day) is an order that is good during market trading hours of that day only. Unexecuted day limit order will automatically expire at the end of the trading day.|
|Limit Order – GTD||Limit Order – GTD (SGX)Limit Orders (GTD) stay in the order book for the number of days you specify, up to a maximum of 30 calendar days, or until order is filled/ order is cancelled/ stock is delisted/ stock is suspended/ stock has corporate actions. Hence before the expiration date, the order will remain active until you decide to cancel or if the trade is executed. The unfilled GTD order will be cancelled automatically at the close of the market on the expiration date. If the expiration date falls on a weekend or a public holiday, the order will expire on the day before.||Currently not available|
A Stop-Limit Order combines the features of a stop order and a limit order. It requires a Trigger Price and a Limit Price to be specified. When the market price reaches the Trigger, the order becomes a limit order that will be executed at the Limit Price specified (or better).
|Order Type||SGX||HKEx / NYSE / NYSE MKT / NASDAQ||BURSA / SSE|
|Stop Limit Order – Day||Stop Limit Order (SGX)A Stop-Limit Order (Day) will only be triggered during market trading hours of that day, or until order is filled/ order is cancelled/ stock is delisted/ stock is suspended/ stock has corporate actions.||Stop Limit Order (Synthetic)A Stop-Limit Order (Day) submitted on POEMS Mercury for HKEx / NYSE / NYSE MKT / NASDAQ are synthetic orders monitored and held on synthetic servers rather than Exchange servers. These orders mimic the native order types and are released to respective exchanges only when all trigger conditions are met. Stop-Limit Order (Day) will only be triggered during market trading hours of that day only.||Currently not available|
For all Stop Limit orders, clients are to ensure that their trading accounts have sufficient buy or sell trading limits to allow orders to be submitted when Stop Limit order’s triggering conditions are met, otherwise, order triggered may be rejected due to insufficient trading limit.
Kindly note that a stop-limit order does not ensure your order will be fully executed when triggered. It could be done partially or not done at all depending on the current market price and liquidity of the market. Trigger Price must be above or equal to the last done price for buy stop-limit orders and below or equal the last done price for sell stop-limit orders. If the market is closed, closing price will be used as reference.
It is an order that is structured of two or more steps that must occur in a specified sequence. Only after the first step in the sequence is completed, then will the second step be activated. This related order can be used if you are unable to continuously monitor the market but want to participate in the market movements in your favour and/or exit a move against you. Currently only limit orders can be used for a IF-Done related order.
|Order Type||All Markets|
|IF-Done Order – Day||A IF-Done Order (Day) is an order that will only be triggered during market trading hours. Once triggered, the limit order will be good for that day only. Unexecuted day limit order will automatically expire at the end of the trading day.|
You can download/view the user guide in the platform, located at the top-right corner under “help”.