Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if the securities that I have sold have corporate actions such as dividend distributions, bonus issues or rights issues?
The borrower will have to protect the lender from any loss of such entitlement. Therefore, if you have sold securities which have impending corporate action entitlements, you can either choose to leave the short position open and compensate the lender for such loss of entitlement or buy back the securities and return to the lender before the ex-date of the entitlement.
Other faq that might help you
- What are the key advantages of using SBL facilities as opposed to other short selling tools?
- How do I open a SBL account with Phillip Securities?
- Do I have to sell through Phillip Securities after I have borrowed the securities from Phillip Securities?
- How many times can I leverage on my capital through using Phillip Securities’ SBL facilities?
- How do I perform the short trade?
- Can I sell direct to the highest bidder (highest buyer’s price) using SBL facilities?
- Do I need to put in any collateral after I have sold the securities?
- How do I compute the value of collaterals required (initial margin & maintenance margin) for the securities I borrowed?
- What are the securities available for borrowing?
- What happens if the securities that I have sold have corporate actions such as dividend distributions, bonus issues or rights issues?
- What do I need to note when I intend to short sell the securities during a corporate action entitlement (dividend / bonus / rights) period but only buy back after the ex-date?
- After I have bought back the securities, do I have to return the securities?
- What happens if there is a recall of the loaned securities?
- How is margin call computed?
- How do I satisfy a margin call?
- Is there a maximum period I can borrow the securities?
- Is there a minimum period I can borrow the securities?
- Can I withdraw the securities borrowed?
- Can I withdraw the cash / securities collateral?
- What will be the charges incurred for a SBL loan?
- Are there any other relevant charges?
- Do I get paid for credit cash balances?
- How does a SBL transaction work?
- Do I need to disclose my Short Selling positions?
Did this answer your question?