Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a minimum quantity of each security I need to have to be eligible?
There is no minimum quantity to be eligible. However, due to certain nature of some loans, it might be more effective for Phillip Securities to borrow from lenders with certain level of quantity available.
Other faq that might help you
- Who can participate in Securities Lending?
- How can I participate as an eligible lender?
- Can I lend my securities which are bought using a CPF investment account?
- How do I check if my securities are eligible for lending?
- Is there a minimum quantity of each security I need to have to be eligible?
- How long will my securities be lent out for?
- How do I know which securities I have lent?
- What is the lending rate I will get for lending my securities?
- How is the lending fee computed?
- How will the lending fee be paid?
- Can I sell my securities even if they are lent out?
- Can I recall my loaned securities?
- Will I still be entitled to corporate actions such as dividends, bonus securities and rights issues?
- Can I use my SBL account to buy securities?
- What is the risk to a lender?
- Do I need to notify changes in my shareholding according to the requirement in the Companies Act if I am a substantial shareholder participating in securities lending program?
- What are the tax implications of securities lending?
- How do I opt-out of Securities Lending?
Did this answer your question?