Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my securities be lent out?
The duration varies from loan to loan. There is no fixed period which a borrower will have to borrow.
Other faq that might help you
- Who can participate in Securities Lending?
- How can I participate as an eligible lender?
- Can I lend my securities which are bought using a CPF investment account?
- How do I know which of my securities are eligible for lending?
- Will I be informed first before the loan is made?
- Do I need to have a minimum quantity for each security to be eligible to lend?
- How long will my securities be lent out?
- What is the lending rate I will get for lending my securities?
- How is the lending fee computed?
- How will the lending fee be paid?
- Can I sell my securities even if they are lent out?
- Can I recall my loaned securities?
- Will I still be entitled to corporate actions such as dividends, bonus securities and rights issues?
- Can I use my SBL account to buy securities?
- What is the risk to a lender?
- Do I need to notify changes in my shareholding according to the requirement in the Companies Act if I am a substantial shareholder participating in securities lending program?
- What are the tax implications of securities lending?
- Can I retain my SBL account and not participate in Securities Lending?
Did this answer your question?