Frequently Asked Questions
China A Shares (SH/SZ – HK Stock Connect)
What is Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect is a joint project between the Shenzhen Stock Exchange (SZSE)/Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) and The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (SEHK). It allows investors to trade cross-border into specific stocks listed in the other’s market. It also allows overseas investors and thus Phillip Securities clients to trade China ‘A’ shares in the SZSE/SSE.
Other faq that might help you
- Which China ‘A’ shares can I trade?
- Can I participate in Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) in SZSE/SSE through Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
- Can I do short selling, margin financing and stock borrowing & lending on SZSE/SSE Securities
- Does SZSE/SSE price limit apply under Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
- Are there any disclosure obligations for trading SZSE/SSE-listed Shares?
- What happens during severe weather conditions in Shenzhen, Shanghai or HK?
- Do I need to have a broker in HK?
Did this answer your question?