Frequently Asked Questions
China A Shares (SH/SZ – HK Stock Connect)
Does SZSE/SSE price limit apply under Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
Yes. For SZSE/SSE Securities, there is a general price limit of a ±10% (and a ±5% for stocks under special treatment (i.e. ST and *ST stocks) in the risk alert board) based on previous closing price.
All orders input for SZSE/SSE Securities must be within the price limit. Any orders with price beyond the price limit will be rejected by SZSE/SSE. The upper and lower price limit will remain the same intra-day.
Note: ST stocks refers to: stocks that have been resumed from suspension for listing; or stocks that have been relisted; or stocks that have suffered from other significant risks. *ST stocks refers to stocks with the risks of being delisted.
Other faq that might help you
- What is Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
- Which China ‘A’ shares can I trade?
- Can I participate in Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) in SZSE/SSE through Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
- Can I do short selling, margin financing and stock borrowing & lending on SZSE/SSE Securities
- Are there any disclosure obligations for trading SZSE/SSE-listed Shares?
- What happens during severe weather conditions in Shenzhen, Shanghai or HK?
- Do I need to have a broker in HK?
Did this answer your question?