Frequently Asked Questions
China A Shares
Which China ‘A’ shares can I trade?
‘A’ shares that are
- Index constituents of the SSE 180 Index , SSE 380 Index, SZSE Main Index, SZSE SME Index, SZSE ChiNext Index* or
- Dual-listed on both SZSE/SSE and HKex
*The ChiNext Board opens to institional professional investors initially
The shares must also be denominated in RMB and not included in “Risk Alert Board”.
Investors will not be allowed to buy the share, but will only be allowed to sell it in the event a stock subsequently:
- Ceases to be a constituent stock, or
- is added to “Risk Alert Board”, or
- its ‘H’ Share cease to trade on HKex;
Other faq that might help you
- What is Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
- Can I participate in Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) in SZSE/SSE through Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
- Can I do short selling, margin financing and stock borrowing & lending on SZSE/SSE Securities
- Does SZSE/SSE price limit apply under Shenzhen/Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect?
- Are there any disclosure obligations for trading SZSE/SSE-listed Shares?
- What happens during severe weather conditions in Shenzhen, Shanghai or HK?
- Do I need to have a broker in HK?
Did this answer your question?