Frequently Asked Questions
Payment & Settlement
When does payment have to be made for shares bought?
Please refer to the settlement date for each financial market.
|Regional Bourne||Settlement Date|
|Belgium (EURONEXT Brussels)||T+2|
|China A Shares (SSE-A via SH-HK Stock Connect)||T+1|
|China A Shares (SZ-HK Stock Connect)||T+1|
|China B Shares (SSE, SZSE)||T+3|
|France (EURONEXT Paris)||T+2|
|Hong Kong (HKEx)/Hong Kong Pre-IPO||T+2|
|Japan (TSE, JASDAQ)||T+3|
|Portugal (EURONEXT Lisbon)||T+2|
|South Korea (KRX)||T+2|
|United States (NYSE, NYSE-MKT, NASDAQ)||T+2|
|United Kingdom (LSE)||T+2|
Other faq that might help you
- How can I settle my trades?
- How do I apply for EPS Linkage service to link up my EPS account with my Account?
- Which bank account can I use for the EPS Linkage?
- Can I link more than one bank account to my Account?
- How do I make payment via EPS after the linkage is activated?
- What is the cut-off time for making EPS fund transfers?
- When are the shares bought due for delivery?
- When does payment have to be made for shares bought?
- What happens if I fail to pay or contra the purchase by due date?
- Can I make partial payment for my shares bought?
- When must I make payment for contra-loss?
- Can my contra-profits of Stock A be used to net-off losses from Stock B?
- What is the settlement currency for purchases of non-S$ denominated stocks?
- What is the conversion rate for non-S$ denominated trades?
- Can the settlement still be in S$ if I have opt to settle in the traded currency earlier?
- How do I get a replacement cheque?
- How do I bank-in or cash a cheque after it has gone stale?
- Are there any charges when I transfer funds from my trading account to my bank account via telegraphic transfer ?
- Are there any charges when I withdraw funds from my trading account to my bank account?
- Are there any charges for transferring money into or out of the trading account?
Did this answer your question?