Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my SRS funds to purchase shares?
Yes you can. Before submitting an SRS trade, you need to open an SRS Investment Account with an agent bank. The SRS Investment Scheme account number also needs to be updated into your Trading account with us. Please contact your trading representative to update your SRS Investment bank account details. It will take 2 – 3 working days for the linkage to be updated. Once updated, SRS trades can be conducted on POEMS.
After the linkage has been established, you will need to select the option "SRS" under "trade type" to conduct an SRS stocks trade. You are advised to check on the SRS eligibility with your SRS operators before submitting the order.
Please note that you can only submit SRS trade after linkage has been established. Contra is not available for SRS trades.
Other faq that might help you
- Which are the modes available for trading?
- Which trading mode should I use?
- Can I place trading orders 24 hours a day?
- On which regional bourses can I trade?
- How can I check the status of my orders?
- What is the validity period for my orders?
- What will happen to my order if it happen to be on a public holiday?
- Can I withdraw my orders?
- How can I check whether I have the sufficient shareholdings in my CDP account or CPF agent bank account?
- Will POEMS be able to check whether I have the sufficient shares in CDP before I submit a sell order?
- Is odd lot trading available over the Internet?
- What is the minimum bid size (MBS) for trading?
- What is ‘Amalgamate’?
- Why is my order invalid?
- Can I submit online trades on POEMS while my account GSA linkage is still pending approval with CDP?
- What are the pre-open and pre-close routines?
- Is there a trading limit?
- How can I increase my trading limit?
- How will I be informed of my new trading limit?
- What is my order type that I am submitting into the POEMS trading platform?
- What is a ‘force key’?
- How many force keys can I use?
- What is the force key range for counter with last done price more than $0.50?
- What is the maximum limit for buy and sell order in POEMS internet?
- Why is there a Confirmation Order page shown when order is submitted?
- What markets/products does the force key range checking apply to?
- Why is my limit or market order not done when the market opens at 9.30am (EST) and why is my executed price different from the opening price shown on POEMS?
Did this answer your question?