Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my limit or market order not done when the market opens at 9.30am (EST) and why is my executed price different from the opening price shown on POEMS?
All the orders received prior to market open will be routed and protected versus the stock’s primary listing exchange market opening print. There may be a delay in the opening for certain stocks in the primary exchange which results in these counters not opening at 9.30am sharp.
However, you may still see transactions executed off the primary exchange before the official open, and these transactions are required to be reported under US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulation. Any activities taking place prior to the primary market open that is reported to the tape are from alternative display facilities or dark pools. These trades are reported to the tape because under SEC rules, every stock transaction must be reported to a consolidated data feed, whether it occurs on an exchange, like the Nasdaq or Intercontinental Exchange Inc’s (ICE.N) New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), or in a dark pool. Off-exchange trades are reported through Trade Reporting Facilities (TRFs) run by Nasdaq and NYSE in conjunction with FINRA.
Similarly, the high and low of the day for certain counters may be executed off the primary exchange and may not be taken as official primary executed prices.
Other faq that might help you
- Which are the modes available for trading?
- Which trading mode should I use?
- Can I place trading orders 24 hours a day?
- On which regional bourses can I trade?
- Can I use my SRS funds to purchase shares?
- How can I check the status of my orders?
- What is the validity period for my orders?
- What will happen to my order if it happen to be on a public holiday?
- Can I withdraw my orders?
- How can I check whether I have the sufficient shareholdings in my CDP account or CPF agent bank account?
- Will POEMS be able to check whether I have the sufficient shares in CDP before I submit a sell order?
- Is odd lot trading available over the Internet?
- What is the minimum bid size (MBS) for trading?
- What is ‘Amalgamate’?
- Why is my order invalid?
- Can I submit online trades on POEMS while my account GSA linkage is still pending approval with CDP?
- What are the pre-open and pre-close routines?
- Is there a trading limit?
- How can I increase my trading limit?
- How will I be informed of my new trading limit?
- What is my order type that I am submitting into the POEMS trading platform?
- What is a ‘force key’?
- How many force keys can I use?
- What is the force key range for counter with last done price more than $0.50?
- What is the maximum limit for buy and sell order in POEMS internet?
- Why is there a Confirmation Order page shown when order is submitted?
- What markets/products does the force key range checking apply to?
- Why is my limit or market order not done when the market opens at 9.30am (EST) and why is my executed price different from the opening price shown on POEMS?
Did this answer your question?