Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum bid size (MBS) for trading?
With effect from 13 November 2017, the MBS for the $1.00 to $1.99 price range will be widened from the current $0.005 to $0.01 for all securities (excluding preference shares, structured warrants, exchange traded funds, exchange traded notes, debentures, bonds and loan stocks).
|Product||Price Range ($)||Minimum Bid Size ($)||Forced Order/Bid Size Range|
|Stocks (excluding preference shares), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS), business trusts, company warrants and any other class of securities or Futures Contracts not specified in Rule 8.3.3||Below 0.20||0.001||+/- 30 bids|
|0.20 - 0.995||0.005|
|1.00 and above||0.01|
|Structured warrants and daily leverage certificates||Below 0.20||0.001||+/- 30 bids|
|0.20 - 1.995||0.005|
|2.00 and above||0.01|
|Exchange traded funds and exchange traded notes||All||0.01 or 0.001 as SGX-ST determines||+/- 10%|
|Debentures, bonds, loan stocks and preference shares quoted in the $1 price convention||All||0.001||+/- 30 bids|
|Debentures, bonds, loan stocks and preference shares quoted in the $100 price convention||All||0.001||+/- 1,000 bids|
|Product||Price Range (HK$)||Minimum Bid Size (HK$)|
|Securities denominated in Hong Kong Dollar||Below 0.25||0.001|
|0.25 - 0.495||0.005|
|0.50 - 9.99||0.01|
|10.00 - 19.98||0.02|
|20.00 - 99.95||0.05|
|100 - 199.90||0.1|
|200 - 499.80||0.2|
|500 and above||0.5|
|Product||Price Range (¥)||Minimum Bid Size (¥)|
|Securities denominated in Japanese Yen||Below 2,000||1|
|2,000 - 2,995||5|
|3,000 - 29,990||10|
|30,000 - 49,950||50|
|50,000 - 99,900||100|
|100,000 and above||1,000|
Other faq that might help you
- Which are the modes available for trading?
- Which trading mode should I use?
- Can I place trading orders 24 hours a day?
- On which regional bourses can I trade?
- Can I use my SRS funds to purchase shares?
- How can I check the status of my orders?
- What is the validity period for my orders?
- What will happen to my order if it happen to be on a public holiday?
- Can I withdraw my orders?
- How can I check whether I have the sufficient shareholdings in my CDP account or CPF agent bank account?
- Will POEMS be able to check whether I have the sufficient shares in CDP before I submit a sell order?
- Is odd lot trading available over the Internet?
- What is ‘Amalgamate’?
- Why is my order invalid?
- Can I submit online trades on POEMS while my account GSA linkage is still pending approval with CDP?
- What are the pre-open and pre-close routines?
- Is there a trading limit?
- How can I increase my trading limit?
- How will I be informed of my new trading limit?
- What is my order type that I am submitting into the POEMS trading platform?
- What is a ‘force key’?
- How many force keys can I use?
- What is the force key range for counter with last done price more than $0.50?
- What is the maximum limit for buy and sell order in POEMS internet?
- Why is there a Confirmation Order page shown when order is submitted?
- What markets/products does the force key range checking apply to?
- Why is my limit or market order not done when the market opens at 9.30am (EST) and why is my executed price different from the opening price shown on POEMS?
Did this answer your question?