Frequently Asked Questions
Payment & Settlement
How can I settle my trades?
Here are the options for making payments for your trades:
- Electronic Payment for Shares (EPS)
- Cash at cashier at Phillip Securities Pte Ltd, 250 North Bridge Road, #06-00 Raffles City Tower (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm, closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. NETS or credit card not accepted. Payment are also not accepted at other Phillip Investor Centres)
- Internet Bill Payment via POSB/DBS bank, UOB bank, OCBC bank, Standard Chartered bank & Maybank: Please enter 7 digits of your trading account number under billing reference number e.g. trading account “123456”, please enter “0123456”.
- Telegraphic Transfer: Please provide your bank with our bank account details here. Please also indicate your trading account name and account number on your payment details to ensure that funds received will be correctly credited into your trading account.
How do I pay via Electronic Payment for Shares (EPS)?
You can apply for Electronic Payment for Shares (EPS) linkage to link up your Phillip Account with your bank account to facilitate payment. To download the application for EPS linkage, please click here.
After your EPS linkage is activated, you can make fund transfers via ATMs or via internet banking (EPS).
Note: Fund transfers made before 9pm will be credited into your account the next working day.
How do I pay via GIRO?
How do I pay via cheque?
Our Phillip Investor Centre accepts cheque deposits to support the following:
- Settlement of Contracts (except for overdue, force-selling and futures contracts and CFD margin call)
- Top-up / Payment (except for overdue, force-selling and futures contracts and CFD margin call)
Cheque deposit is available from Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 6.00pm (except public holidays). Cheques will be collected and dispatched back to Headquarter by the end of the next business day.
- For Securities Financing (Phillip Financial Pte Ltd) account, cheque should be made payable to Phillip Financial Pte Ltd
- For other accounts (except for futures accounts), cheque should be made payable to Phillip Securities Pte Ltd
Cheque has to be deposited on or before the due date. For settlement beyond due date, please proceed to the Cashier counter located in our main office:
PhillipCapital 250 North Bridge Road, #06-00, Raffles City Tower Singapore 179101
- Please indicate your trading account number, details of payment (eg: contract number), name of account holder and contact number on the back of the cheque.
- SGD cheques and USD cheques must be drawn from a bank in Singapore with Local (Singapore) clearing.
- MYR cheques must be drawn from Malaysia.
- HKD cheques must be drawn from a bank in Hong Kong and a courier fee of S$21 applies.
- USD, MYR and HKD cheques must reach Phillip on T+2.
- We regret to inform that we DO NOT accept cheques other than the above currencies.
- For payment in other foreign currencies, it can only be done via Telegraphic Transfer.
How do I pay via Internet Bill Payment?
You can also make payment using Internet Bill Payment via POSB/DBS bank, UOB bank, OCBC bank, Standard Chartered bank & Maybank.
Please enter 7 digits of your trading account number under billing reference number e.g. trading account “123456”, please enter “0123456”;
Note: Internet Bill Payment fund transfers takes two working days before it is credited into your account. Please check with your respective banks for actual cut-off timing and location of the Bill Payment function.
*Please note that Citibank bill payment may take 5-7 working days for us to receive your payment.
How do I pay via Telegraphic Transfer?
You can also make payment by Telegraphic Transfer (TT) if your funds are currently deposited with an overseas bank. TT fund transfers are allowed for SGD, USD, HKD, JPY, MYR, AUD, GBP, EUR, CAD & CNY.
Do note that the banks may levy bank charges for each TT fund transfer made, please check with your bank for the respective charges. Phillip Securities does not charge any fees for incoming TT fund transfers.
You will need to provide your bank with our bank account details for Telegraphic Transfer. Please click here for TT details.
Please also indicate your trading account number and account holders' name(s) on your TT payment details to ensure that funds received will be correctly credited into your Trading account.
As TT fund transfer may take up to a week to be successfully transferred, do check that the funds are already credited into your account or speak to your trading representative for enquires on status of transfer.
In the event that PSPL is unable to identify the account for the amount to be credited, PSPL may reject the amount transmitted after reasonable endeavours have been made to trace the source of the deposit.
Any bank charges incurred during the course of event will be borne by the client. If you are topping up account to pick up your outstanding shares, please ensure that we received your funds before/on due + 1 day.
Please note that we will not be held responsible for any loss, charge or damage arising from the rejected fund or delay in crediting the amount into the account.
How do I apply for EPS Linkage service to link up my EPS account with Phillip Account?
Which bank account can I use for the EPS Linkage?
Can I link more than one bank account to my Phillip Account?
How do I make payment via EPS after the linkage is activated?
What is the cut-off time for making EPS fund transfers?
When are the shares bought due for delivery?
- Singapore (SGX)
- Australia (ASX)
- Belgium (EURONEXT Brussels)
- Canada (TSX)
- China A Shares (SSE-A via SH-HK Stock Connect)
- China B Shares (SSE, SZSE)
- France (EURONEXT Paris)
- Germany (FWB)
- Hong Kong (HKEx)
- Indonesia (IDX)
- Japan (TSE, JASDAQ)
- Malaysia (Bursa)
- Netherlands (AEX)
- Portugal (EURONEXT Lisbon)
- Philippines (PSE)
- South Korea (KRX)
- Sri Lanka (CSE)
- Taiwan (TWSE)
- Thailand (SET)
- Turkey (ISE)
- United States (NYSE, NYSE-MKT, NASDAQ)
- United Kingdom (LSE)
When does payment have to be made for shares bought?
|Regional Bourne||Settlement Date|
|Belgium (EURONEXT Brussels)||T+2|
|China A Shares (SSE-A via SH-HK Stock Connect)||T+1|
|China B Shares (SSE, SZSE)||T+3|
|France (EURONEXT Paris)||T+2|
|Hong Kong (HKEx)||T+2|
|Japan (TSE, JASDAQ)||T+3|
|Portugal (EURONEXT Lisbon)||T+2|
|South Korea (KRX)||T+2|
|Sri Lanka (CSE)||T+3|
|United States (NYSE, NYSE-MKT, NASDAQ)||T+3|
|United Kingdom (LSE)||T+2|
What happens if I fail to pay or contra the purchase by due date?
Can I make partial payment for my shares bought?
When must I make payment for contra-loss?
Can my contra-profits of Stock A be used to net-off losses from Stock B?
What is the settlement currency for purchases of non-S$ denominated stocks?
What is the conversion rate for non-S$ denominated trades?
Can the settlement still be in S$ if I have opt to settle in the traded currency earlier?
Currency Conversion for client with Multi Currency Facility
Multi-Currency Facility is an added advantage for you to maintain foreign currency balances (USD, HKD, AUD, MYR, JPY, GBP, EUR, CNY and CAD) in your account for ease of trading and efficient management of your foreign currency denominated investments. Settlement for these shares can either be in the traded currency or in SGD. However, your account must have sufficient funds in the settlement currency to avoid incurring interest on debit balances.
To opt-in, login to POEMS > Click Stocks > Acct Mgmt > on the left panel, click Online Forms > Currency Conversion > select Opt in for Multi-Currency facility > Submit and input your POEMS password to confirm your submission.
Auto Currency Conversion Feature
In the event the ledger runs into deficit, arising from below transactions carried out on that day, auto-conversion will take place.
Transaction / Account Type
PCMA & Custodian
|1)Withdrawal of Money 2)Fees & Charges 3)Right Subscriptions||
MYR Ledger only
|1)Purchase Contract 2)Contra Loss||
MYR Ledger only
The auto currency conversion feature is not applicable to the following transaction types:
- Settlement of purchase contracts.
- Settlement of contra losses.
For such transactions, client will need to login to POEMS > Stocks > Acct Mgmt > Online Forms > Currency conversion to submit the currency conversion accordingly.
Please be reminded that auto currency conversion does not apply to Cash trading, Investment Margin and Securities Financing account.