Frequently Asked Questions
POEMS Mobile 2.0
What are the supported operating systems / devices for POEMS Mobile 2.0?
OS: iOS 8.0 or later; Android 4.0 or later
Where do I download POEMS Mobile 2.0?
- On your iPhone / Android Smartphone, locate Apple App Store (iPhone/iPad) / Google Play Store (Android smartphones/tablets)
- Search for POEMS SG 2.0 (under Finance Category)
- Tap on “Install” and allow download to complete
What are the assets tradable on POEMS Mobile 2.0?
What are the exchanges / markets supported on POEMS Mobile 2.0?
|United States (US)||NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX|
|United Kingdom (UK)||LSE|
What is the login for POEMS Mobile 2.0?
Why do I get a “Login failed” message when I try to login?
Can I change my password on POEMS Mobile 2.0?
- Login to app
- Go to Settings > Login and Passwords > Change Password
Am I able to remove the default setting which logs me out automatically?
Yes, this is customizable. After logging in, please go to Settings > Login and Passwords > Session Timeout.
Select <No session timeout>. Kindly note that this option prevents the app from logging user out; however passwords are still required for any transactions made after one hour of session inactivity.
Why do I see the loading circle (progress bar) for an extended period of time?
What is POEMS Touch ID / Face ID and how does it work?
POEMS Touch ID / Face ID is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Using the POEMS Touch ID / Face ID allows the user to log into the app with fingerprint / facial recognition without having to input your login credentials.
First time registration is required for POEMS Touch ID / Face ID – on the login screen, simply tap on the “Touch ID” or “Face ID” icon to register with your POEMS account number and password.
How do I “de-activate” POEMS Touch ID / Face ID?
Is 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) supported on POEMS Mobile 2.0?
Why am I receiving timeout errors?
Do brokerage commissions apply and what are the rates when I trade using POEMS Mobile 2.0?
Can I access POEMS Mobile 2.0 when I am overseas?
Can I trade using my margin account on POEMS Mobile 2.0?
How do watchlists work on POEMS Mobile 2.0? Do I need to import my saved counters previously?
You will be able to add/delete your favourite counters to/from your watch lists on POEMS Mobile 2.0. All watchlists are synchronized with POEMS 2.0 (desktop). You will be able to create 10 watchlists from different exchanges/asset classes and customize it to your preference; each watchlist can save up to 50 instruments.
All watchlists are auto-saved on POEMS Mobile 2.0 and there is no need to import your instruments from previous POEMS Mobile apps.
Is the market information displayed on POEMS Mobile 2.0 in real time?
If I did not subscribe to the US / SET / Bursa / TSE / HKEx live price, what will I see on POEMS Mobile 2.0?
Can I select my settlement mode and currency?
Where can I see my trading limits?
What happens to my orders after I have placed them on POEMS Mobile 2.0?
Is the order status in POEMS Mobile 2.0 synced with POEMS 2.0 (desktop)?
What is POEMS Mobile 2.0 Alerts?
- Price Alerts: Push notifications to your designated mobile devices within seconds of your counter reaching your pre-determined condition(s). Choose from a variety of condition settings such as low or high price targets, percentage change targets or even volume targets. Price alerts feature is available for the following assets:
- Equities (all exchanges)
- CFD / CFD-DMA / CFD-World Indices
- Unit Trusts
- Order Alerts: Be alerted for order-specific notifications. You can trigger alerts when your order has been received, done, rejected, withdrawn, amended and more.
- Account Alerts: Push notifications for account-related alerts such as margin calls or account ledger deficit
- Announcements: Important announcements such as system maintenance, trading holidays or promotions are triggered here.
POEMS Mobile 2.0 Alerts are synchronized with POEMS 2.0 (desktop). Kindly note that POEMS Mobile 2.0 Alerts is a value-added service provided to you free-of-charge. As the Push Notification Service is provisioned by Apple/Android operating systems, POEMS cannot guarantee the successful or timely receipt of the alerts.
What is “My News” and how does it work?
“My News” refers to related news specific to the counters / instruments you have saved on your watchlists.
If you would prefer all news to be shown, you can “turn off” the auto detection option under the “News Options” setting found in the top right hand corner of the “News” module.
How do I withdraw funds or convert currencies?
- Withdrawal Form - available actions:
- Deposit to Bank account
- Quick Cheque Deposit
- Collect Cheque Myself
- Telegraphic Transfer
- Transfer into your specified account
- POEMS Reward Redemption (Cash)
- b. Currency Conversion Form
- Convert a Specified Amount
- Convert to Offset Debit Balance
What is UT Basket and how does it work?
What is FX Invest and how does it work?
FX Invest is designed to facilitate forex trading easily. Within the module, you may view your currency pairs, latest transaction history and equity balances /available funds for your forex account.
Kindly note that a separate Futures/Forex account must be opened or maintained under Phillip Futures in order to access FX Invest.