Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I fail to pay or contra my purchase by due date?
If you fail to pay or contra (i.e. sell) your purchase by due date, your purchase may be force sold by the company at its discretion without notice to you. Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (‘PSPL’) has the discretion as to the price and volume put up for force sell at any time. PSPL is not liable to you for any losses or damages arising from the exercise of its discretion; and PSPL may recover from you the losses and expenses incurred in the force sell. Client(s) who are subject to force-selling by PSPL may be suspended from trading for a period as determined by the company.
Other faq that might help you
- Can I check the status of my orders if I place my orders with POEMS?
- Can I increase my Trading Limit?
- Conditions for Automatic Order Amalgamation
- Do Phillip Securities provide tax claim services (tax relief at source or reclaim)?
- How do I check my trading limit?
- How do I settle my trades in a foreign currency (other than SGD)?
- What are the steps to transfer foreign shares from another securities firm to Phillip Securities?
- What is Cash in Lieu (CIL)?
- What is the validity period for my European orders?
- How can I sell through POEMS if I am holding physical certificates?
- How long will it take for the physical certificates to be credited to your account?
- How will I know when the physical certificate is credited?
- What is the procedure to deposit physical certificate/s with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd?
- What is a fractional share?
- What will happen to the fractional shares acquired from corporate actions?
Did this answer your question?