What is W8/ W9 form and How do I submit it?
W-8 Form is a requirement by the US Inland Revenue Service for account holders to declare that the beneficiary owner of the amount received from US sources is not of US origin. Please note that US Persons are not eligible to trade in the US market through Phillip Securities Pte Ltd.
The form will remain in effect for a period starting on the date the form is signed and submitted and ending on the last day of the third succeeding calendar year. If a change in circumstances makes any information on the form incorrect, you must re-submit the appropriate form within 30 days of the change in circumstances.
W Series Forms (PDF)
1) W-8Ben rev 2017 (Individual)
2) W-8Ben-E rev 2017 (Corporate)
3) W-8IMY rev 2017 (Intermediary, Flow Though Entity)
4) W-9 (US Person)
W Series Form Instructions (PDF)
1) W-8Ben Instructions (Individual)
2) W-8Ben-E Instructions (Corporate)
3) W-8IMY Instructions (Intermediary, Flow Though Entity)
4) W-9 Instructions (US Person)
(1) Online submission on POEMS (applicable for Individual Account holder only)W8 form can be accessed through POEMS 2.0, under Account Management > Online Forms > US Tax forms
(2) E-submission (applicable for Individual and Joint Account holders only)Scanned copy of the duly completed form to be sent by the account holder from the email address as per our records to firstname.lastname@example.org.Each of the joint account holders are to submit their own scanned copies of the W-8ben form from their respective email address on the same day.
(3) Physical submissionTrading account number to be written on the top right hand corner of the W-8 Form.Original form to be filled out in blue ink and sent in together with a copy of your NRIC/Passport: APU Dept. (Renewal of W-8Ben Form) Phillip Securities Pte Ltd 250 North Bridge Road #06-00 Raffles City Tower Singapore 179101