Frequently Asked Questions
Most Popular Questions
What is W8/ W9 form and How do I submit it?
W-8 Form is a requirement by the US Inland Revenue Service for account holders to declare that the beneficiary owner of the amount received from US sources is not of US origin. Please note that US Persons are not eligible to trade in the US market through Phillip Securities Pte Ltd.
The form will remain in effect for a period starting on the date the form is signed and submitted and ending on the last day of the third succeeding calendar year. If a change in circumstances makes any information on the form incorrect, you must re-submit the appropriate form within 30 days of the change in circumstances.
W Series Forms (PDF)
1) W-8Ben rev 2017 (Individual)
2) W-8Ben-E rev 2017 (Corporate)
3) W-8IMY rev 2017 (Intermediary, Flow Though Entity)
4) W-9 (US Person)
W Series Form Instructions (PDF)
1) W-8Ben Instructions (Individual)
2) W-8Ben-E Instructions (Corporate)
3) W-8IMY Instructions (Intermediary, Flow Though Entity)
4) W-9 Instructions (US Person)
(1) Online submission on POEMS (applicable for Individual Account holder only)W8 form can be accessed through POEMS 2.0, under Acct Mgmt > Stocks > Online Forms > Trade Accessment & Acknowledgement > US Tax forms
(2) E-submission (applicable for Individual and Joint Account holders only)Scanned copy of the duly completed form to be sent by the account holder from the email address as per our records to email@example.com.Each of the joint account holders are to submit their own scanned copies of the W-8ben form from their respective email address on the same day.
(3) Physical submissionTrading account number to be written on the top right hand corner of the W-8 Form.Original form to be filled out in blue ink and sent in together with a copy of your NRIC/Passport: APU Dept. (Renewal of W-8Ben Form) Phillip Securities Pte Ltd 250 North Bridge Road #06-00 Raffles City Tower Singapore 179101
Other faq that might help you
- Are my monies and assets custodised with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (“PSPL”) safe?
- Why is my account suspended and how can I re-activate it?
- I have forgotten my POEMS trading account password. How can I request a new password?
- I have forgotten my Account number. How can I retrieve it?
- What is W8/ W9 form and How do I submit it?
- I have forgotten my Trading Representative’s contact number. How can I retrieve it?
- Who can I contact if I would like to enquire about dealing matters?
- What number should I call if I have enquiries regarding Forex/Futures or CFD?
- What is POEMS?
- Who can apply for Accounts?
- May I open an Account if I have a trading account with another securities firm?
- Can I open an Account if I am residing overseas?
- What are your latest promotions?
- Why is my limit or market order not done when the market opens at 9.30am (EST) and why is my executed price different from the opening price shown on POEMS?
Did this answer your question?