Frequently Asked Questions
What is Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS)?
The Supplementary Retirement Scheme otherwise known as the SRS is a voluntary scheme that encourages savings on top of the mandatory CPF amount. The SRS contributions are tax exempted and upon withdrawal after retirement, only 50% of the withdrawn amount is taxable.
SRS members may also invest their SRS savings into investments such as Unit Trusts.
Other faq that might help you
- What are the Fees and Charges?
- How do I transfer-in my holdings maintained with other distributors or banks?
- How do I opt-in for SMART Park/Money Market Fund (Excess Funds Facility)?
- What is Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA) and how does it affect me?
- Who can invest in unit trusts?
- How are the Performance Returns and Annualised Performance Returns of funds derived?
- What is the meaning of (Acc) or (Dis) which is sometimes seen in the names of some funds?
- How do I make payment for my unit trust purchases?
- When will my unit trust orders be transacted?
- Since price (NAV) displayed is for the last dealing date, what is the NAV on the date that I have transacted?
- When will I receive my money after I have sold my unit trust holdings?
- Will I receive dividends?
- When will I receive dividends?
- What is CPF Investment Scheme (CPFIS)?
- What is Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS)?
- What is a CPF Investment Administrator (CPFIA)?
- Can a CPF investment be converted into a Cash investment?
- What is CPFIS Self-Awareness Questionnaire (SAQ)?
- How can I trade Unit Trust online?
- What is a Unit Trust Regular Savings Plan (RSP)?
- How do I apply for Unit Trust RSP and when will my Unit Trust RSP be effective?
- How do I apply for GIRO?
- How long will it take for my GIRO linkage to be approved?
- How will I be informed of the status of my Unit Trust RSP GIRO application?
- How can I start my Unit Trust RSP first while my GIRO linkage is pending for approval?
- Is an initial investment required before I can subscribe to Unit Trust RSP?
- When will the Unit Trust RSP investment amount be deducted?
- What will happen if I have insufficient money in my bank/CPF account for GIRO deductions for RSP?
- What will happen to my unit holdings after my Unit Trust RSP GIRO payments have been stopped?
- Can my Unit Trust RSP be settled in non-SGD currency?
- What are the Sales Charges for Unit Trust RSP?
- Is there any lock-in period for Unit Trust RSP?
- How do I make amendments on my Unit Trust RSP?
- When will my Unit Trust RSP amendments and/or terminations be effective?
- How can I terminate my Unit Trust RSP?
- Will my Unit Trust RSP be terminated automatically when I make a full redemption of my holdings?
- What will happen if my Unit Trust RSP fund is temporarily suspended or closed to subscriptions?
- Who can I contact if I would like to enquire about Unit Trust or Unit Trust RSP matters?
Did this answer your question?