Frequently Asked Questions
What effect do corporate actions have on prices?
Corporate actions may or may not have effect on prices and subject to other macroeconomic factors such as changing market forces of demand, supply, political/economic events, market sentiment etc. For example, a stock/share split has a direct impact on prices: price of the share will be lowered. A company paying out cash dividends may have impact on its share price due to the economic value transfer from company to investors. Accounts with multicurrency facility will receive the cash dividend in declared currency unless otherwise determined by the issuer/PSPL.
Other faq that might help you
- What are corporate actions?
- What is a stock/share split?
- What are dividends?
- What is a rights issue?
- Where can I find the list of corporate actions taken by companies listed on SGX?
- How much are the dividend charges?
- How much are the corporate action charges?
- What effect do corporate actions have on prices?
- What is fractional share?
- What is Cash in Lieu (CIL)?
- What will happen to the fractional share/CIL resulting from corporate action?
- Why does Phillip Securities go cheque-free?
- How do I receive my SGD cash balances from my Cash Trading account?
- How do I apply for EPS service?
- What happens when Phillip Securities goes cheque-free and I do not sign up for EPS/Giro service for my Cash Trading account?
- What is the fee for withdrawal of cash balance from my Cash Trading Account?
Did this answer your question?