Frequently Asked Questions
Most Popular Questions
Are my monies and assets custodised with Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (“PSPL”) safe?
Why is my account suspended and how can I re-activate it?
- Clients key in the wrong account number with the right password more than 3 times.
- Clients key in the wrong password with the right account number more than 3 times.
Note:Your password is case sensitive.
I have forgotten my POEMS trading account password. How can I request a new password?
First, indicate your account number and answer three security questions. An email verification link will be sent to your registered email address. Click on the link provided in the email to confirm the request.
You will be redirected to a webpage to reset your password (note: an SMS token will be required to complete the process). You will be notified immediately via email when your password has been successfully reset.2. Via Post:
Indicate your account number and answer three security questions. Your new password will be mailed to your registered mailing address within 3 - 5 working days.
I have forgotten my Account number. How can I retrieve it?
What is W8/ W9 form and How do I submit it?
W-8 Form is a requirement by the US Inland Revenue Service for account holders to declare that the beneficiary owner of the amount received from US sources is not of US origin. Please note that US Persons are not eligible to trade in the US market through Phillip Securities Pte Ltd.
The form will remain in effect for a period starting on the date the form is signed and submitted and ending on the last day of the third succeeding calendar year. If a change in circumstances makes any information on the form incorrect, you must re-submit the appropriate form within 30 days of the change in circumstances.
W Series Forms (PDF)
1) W-8Ben rev 2017 (Individual)
2) W-8Ben-E rev 2017 (Corporate)
3) W-8IMY rev 2017 (Intermediary, Flow Though Entity)
4) W-9 (US Person)
W Series Form Instructions (PDF)
1) W-8Ben Instructions (Individual)
2) W-8Ben-E Instructions (Corporate)
3) W-8IMY Instructions (Intermediary, Flow Though Entity)
4) W-9 Instructions (US Person)
(1) Online submission on POEMS (applicable for Individual Account holder only)W8 form can be accessed through POEMS 2.0, under Account Management > Online Forms > US Tax forms
(2) E-submission (applicable for Individual and Joint Account holders only)Scanned copy of the duly completed form to be sent by the account holder from the email address as per our records to email@example.com.Each of the joint account holders are to submit their own scanned copies of the W-8ben form from their respective email address on the same day.
(3) Physical submissionTrading account number to be written on the top right hand corner of the W-8 Form.Original form to be filled out in blue ink and sent in together with a copy of your NRIC/Passport: APU Dept. (Renewal of W-8Ben Form) Phillip Securities Pte Ltd 250 North Bridge Road #06-00 Raffles City Tower Singapore 179101
I have forgotten my Trading Representative’s contact number. How can I retrieve it?
Upon logging in to POEMS 2.0, you may click on “Settings” located top right corner > “My Account” to check your Trading Representative’s contact details.
You may also click Phillip Chatbot (bottom right) and type 'remiser details' to retrieve your Trading Representative’s contact details.
Alternatively, you may call us at 6531 1555 (between Monday to Friday, 8.45am to 5.30pm) to retrieve your Trading Representative’s contact details.
Who can I contact if I would like to enquire about dealing matters?
- Increase of Trading Limit
- Corporate Actions (rights issue, etc.)
- Order Submission through Trading Representative
- Order Rejection
What number should I call if I have enquiries regarding Forex/Futures or CFD?
What is POEMS?
Who can apply for Accounts?
May I open an Account if I have a trading account with another securities firm?
Can I open an Account if I am residing overseas?
- Passport with at least 6 month validity
- Bank Account Information
- Singapore Bank Account Details (DBS/POSB/OCBC/UOB/MAYBANK) OR
- TT Details (TT Bank Name, Account Number & Currency Details)
- Supporting document(s) for residential address issued within the last 3 months such as:
- Telephone bills/Utility bills/Bank statement OR
- Statement from any Financial Institutions in your country OR
- Correspondence from any government bodies in your country
If your mailing address is different from your residential address, please provide additional supporting document(s) issued within the last 3 months that reflects your mailing address.
All copies of documentation have to be scanned or photographed from the original document.
Note: All supporting documents should be in English. Otherwise, all documents are required to be officially translated and certified by a qualified translator/translation company.
What are your latest promotions?
Why is my limit or market order not done when the market opens at 9.30am (EST) and why is my executed price different from the opening price shown on POEMS?
All the orders received prior to market open will be routed and protected versus the stock’s primary listing exchange market opening print. There may be a delay in the opening for certain stocks in the primary exchange which results in these counters not opening at 9.30am sharp.
However, you may still see transactions executed off the primary exchange before the official open, and these transactions are required to be reported under US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulation. Any activities taking place prior to the primary market open that is reported to the tape are from alternative display facilities or dark pools. These trades are reported to the tape because under SEC rules, every stock transaction must be reported to a consolidated data feed, whether it occurs on an exchange, like the Nasdaq or Intercontinental Exchange Inc’s (ICE.N) New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), or in a dark pool. Off-exchange trades are reported through Trade Reporting Facilities (TRFs) run by Nasdaq and NYSE in conjunction with FINRA.
Similarly, the high and low of the day for certain counters may be executed off the primary exchange and may not be taken as official primary executed prices.