Frequently Asked Questions
Most Popular Questions
What is POEMS?
POEMS stands for Phillip's On-line Electronic Mart System. It is a simple, reliable and comprehensive internet based trading system developed to meet the needs of independent investors. Its user friendliness and powerful features allows you to take control of your investment conveniently and professionally, giving you an edge over investment opportunity.
Who can apply for Phillip Account?
Anyone above the age of 18 years old is welcome, subject to no delinquent record, not insolvent or not blacklisted.
May I open a Phillip Account if I have a trading account with another securities firm?
Yes, you may.
Can I open an account if I am residing overseas?
Yes, you can open an account. However, in accordance with the SGX-ST rules all account applications that are remotely signed require the endorsement by a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths. A photocopy of your passport and declaration by the concerned Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths should be submitted together with your application form for the account.
Why is my Phillip Account user ID suspended and how can I re-activate my account?
Generally, account suspension happens when:
Note:Your password is case sensitive.
- Clients key in the wrong account number with the right password more than 3 times.
- Clients key in the wrong password with the right account number more than 3 times.
Note:Your password is case sensitive.
I have forgotten my POEMS trading account password and how can I request a new password?
If you have forgotten your POEMS trading account password, below are the options for you to request for a new one:
- Register for the Password Online Reset service by calling us at 6531 1555 or visit any of our Phillip Investor Centres so that you can get a new password online after the activation of service. It will take less than a few minutes for registration, activation and change of password. Please refer to the Password Online Reset FAQ here for more information.
- Visit any of the Phillip Investor Centres to get a new password immediately. Your NRIC or passport is required for verification purposes.
- Print out the form, complete it and email/mail/fax it back as indicated. Once your form has been received and processed, we will generate a new password which will be sent to your mailing address according to our system. Generally, you may receive the pin mailer three to five working days for local mailing address or one to two working weeks for overseas mailing address after the request has been received.
I have registered for Password Online Reset, how do I reset my password?
You have to activate the Password Online Reset service before you can reset your password online. If you have already activated the service, please refer directly to the steps under Part (II) Password Online Reset. (I) Activation of Service You may follow the steps provided for the activation of service:
- You will receive a confirmation email entitled “Confirmation for reset password opt-in”from email@example.com
- Click on the link in the email to confirm your request
- You will be redirected to a webpage to submit a SMS verification code by clicking on the ‘Get Token’ option
- You have successfully activated the service when you see the message“Your verification is successful! You will be redirected to the POEMS Homepage.”
- Click here to go to the online password reset portal
- Input your account number and answer two security questions accordingly
- An email verification link will be sent to the registered email address
- Open the email and click on the link to confirm the request
- You will be redirected to a webpage to reset the password and a SMS token is required to complete the process
- You will be informed immediately when your password has been changed successfully
- Login with the reset password
I have forgotten my Trading Representative’s contact number, how can I retrieve it?
Your Trading Representative’s contact information can be found on POEMS Internet or POEMS 2.0. On POEMS Internet, your Trading Representative’s contact details will be immediately displayed on “Attention” page after login. On POEMS 2.0, you may click on “Settings” located top right corner > “My Account” to check your Trading Representative’s contact details. Alternatively, you may call us at 6531 1555 during office hours to get the Trading Representative’s contact details.
Who can I contact if I would like to enquire about dealing matters?
You may contact your Trading Representative for the dealing matters and some other enquiries, including but not limited to the followings:
- Increase of Trading Limit
- Corporate Actions (rights issue, etc.)
- Order Submission through Trading Representative
- Order Rejection
What are the current promotions?
Please click here to find out more about our current promotions.
What number should I call for (I) Forex/Futures or (II) CFD enquiries?
(I) Forex/Futures For Forex/Futures product & account enquiries, please call 6538 0500 For Forex/Future technical support, please call 6531 1788 (II) CFD For CFD enquiries, please call 6336 4564
I encounter some login issues on POEMS Internet. What can I do?
Generally, below are the two errors clients encounter when logging into POEMS Internet.
- Error 1: “Sorry you are already logged in to POEMS using account number XXXXXXX in this browser session. Please restart your browser to login again” If you encounter the above mentioned error message, please close all opened browsers and restart the browser, after which kindly try to login again as per normal. Alternatively, you can access our POEMS 2.0 which does not have this issue.
- Error 2: Blank Login Portion If you have keyed in your account number and password and clicked on “LOGIN” but remain on the homepage, you can click on the “Login” option located top right corner of the POEMS website to login again. Alternatively, you can access our POEMS 2.0 which does not have this issue.
How can I carry out activities on POEMS Internet and POEMS 2.0 platforms?
- Trading You may click here to find out more about our POEMS Internet online tutorials.
- Trading of Unit Shares
On POEMS Internet, you may go to “STOCKS” > “UNIT SHARE” to submit the orders with the number of shares fewer than board lot size.On POEMS 2.0, you may go to “Prices (LP1)” or “Trade (LP2)” and search for the stock, right click on the stock name and click on “Trade Unit Share” on the drop down list.Alternatively, you can add the “SGX Unit Share” widget on POEMS 2.0. To add the widget, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the “+New” located top right hand corner and then select “Tab”
- Click on “SGX Unit Share” and followed by “Done” button
- Search for the counter and submit the orders
- Checking Cash/Share Holdings You may check your funds or cash holdings in your Phillip Account under “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” > “Account Details” on POEMS Internet or under “Acct Mgmt” tab > “Account Details” on POEMS 2.0.For local share holdings, you may refer to CDP (Central Depository Pte Ltd) statements if your local shares are in the custody of CDP. For foreign share holdings, you may refer to the “Scrip Positions” located under “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” on POEMS Internet. On POEMS 2.0, “Scrip Positions” can be found under “Acct Mgmt” tab. Note: Cash holdings are not applicable to Cash Trading accounts, which do not have the facility to hold any cash balance in the account.
- Amendment of Scrap Book Scrap Book is accessible on POEMS Internet under “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” > “Scrap Book”. On POEMS 2.0, you may access Scrap Book under “Acct Mgmt” tab.If you would like to edit your Scrap Book on POEMS Internet and POEMS 2.0, you may click on “Edit” button on the Scrap Book page. You may click on “Help” next to the “Edit” button for more information on how to edit your Scrap Book. Note: Scrap Book should only serve as a guide. Do refer to the “Disclaimer” located next to the “Help” for more information.
- Withdrawal of Funds To withdraw excess available cash on POEMS Internet, you may go to “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” and click on “Online Forms” located on the side bar.On POEMS 2.0, you are able to withdraw your excess available cash by going to “Acct Mgmt” tab and followed by “Online Forms” located on the side bar. After you have filled the Online Withdrawal Form on POEMS Internet and POEMS 2.0, click on the “Submit” button and input your password. Instructions submitted before 10am will be processed on the same day. For your convenience, you may choose to have the funds credited directly into your bank account. Note: Withdrawal of funds is not applicable to Cash Trading account, which does not have the facility to hold any cash in the account.
- Acknowledgement of Risk Warning Statement (RWS) Clients are required to acknowledge the RWS in order to trade foreign shares or overseas-listed investment products.To acknowledge RWS on POEMS Internet, you may go to “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” and click on “RWS Acknowledgement” located on the side bar. On POEMS 2.0, the RWS form is located on the side bar under “Acct Mgmt” tab. After you fully understand the content of RWS, you can click on the button “I acknowledge that I have read the Risk Warning Statement, understand its contents, and accept the risks involved.” followed by the “Submit” button located at the bottom.
- Update of Particulars To update your particulars on POEMS Internet, you can do so under “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” > “Update Particulars”.To update your particulars on POEMS 2.0, you can click on “Settings” located top right hand corner > “My Account”.
- Subscription or Renewal of Reward Products and Checking Reward Subscription Status
On POEMS Internet, you may click on “STOCKS” > “REWARDS”.On POEMS 2.0, you may do so on “Rewards” tab. If you are not able to locate the “Rewards” tab, you may need to add the Reward Programme widget.
To add Reward Programme widget on POEMS 2.0, follow the steps below:
- Click on “+New” located top right corner
- Select “Stock” under “Products”, click on page 2 and then you are able to locate the “Reward Programme” widget
- Click on the “Reward Programme” widget and followed by “Done” button.
- Checking Exchange Rates
To check the exchange rates on POEMS Internet, you may go to “STOCKS” > “ANNOUNCE” > “Exchange Rates”.
To check the exchange rates on POEMS 2.0, you may go to “Announcement” tab followed by “Exchange Rate”.Note:
- The cut off time for currency conversion is 2pm.
- The exchange rates might vary due to fluctuations.