Frequently Asked Questions
Most Popular Questions
What is POEMS?
Who can apply for Phillip Account?
May I open a Phillip Account if I have a trading account with another securities firm?
Can I open an account if I am residing overseas?
Please also prepare the following documents.
- Passport with at least 6 month validity
- Bank Account Information
- Singapore Bank Account Details (DBS/POSB/OCBC/UOB/MAYBANK) OR
- TT Details (TT Bank Name, Account Number & Currency Details)
- Supporting document(s) for residential address issued within the last 3 months such as:
- Telephone bills/Utility bills/Bank statement OR
- Statement from any Financial Institutions in your country OR
- Correspondence from any government bodies in your country
- For mailing address that is different from your residential address, please provide additional supporting document(s) issued within the last 3 months that reflects your mailing address.
Note: All supporting documents should be in English. Otherwise, there is a need to have each of these specific documents translated and certified by a qualified translator/translation company.
Why is my Phillip Account user ID suspended and how can I re-activate my account?
- Clients key in the wrong account number with the right password more than 3 times.
- Clients key in the wrong password with the right account number more than 3 times.
Note:Your password is case sensitive.
I have forgotten my POEMS trading account password – how can I request a new password?
- Via Email:
First, indicate your account number and answer three security questions. An email verification link will be sent to your registered email address. Click on the link provided in the email to confirm the request.You will be redirected to a webpage to reset your password (note: an SMS token will be required to complete the process). You will be notified immediately via email when your password has been successfully reset.
- Via Post:
Indicate your account number and answer three security questions. Your new password will be mailed to your registered mailing address within 3 - 5 working days.
I have forgotten my Trading Representative’s contact number, how can I retrieve it?
Who can I contact if I would like to enquire about dealing matters?
- Increase of Trading Limit
- Corporate Actions (rights issue, etc.)
- Order Submission through Trading Representative
- Order Rejection
What are the current promotions?
What number should I call for (I) Forex/Futures or (II) CFD enquiries?
I encounter some login issues on POEMS Internet. What can I do?
- Error 1: “Sorry you are already logged in to POEMS using account number XXXXXXX in this browser session. Please restart your browser to login again” If you encounter the above mentioned error message, please close all opened browsers and restart the browser, after which kindly try to login again as per normal. Alternatively, you can access our POEMS 2.0 which does not have this issue.
- Error 2: Blank Login Portion If you have keyed in your account number and password and clicked on “LOGIN” but remain on the homepage, you can click on the “Login” option located top right corner of the POEMS website to login again. Alternatively, you can access our POEMS 2.0 which does not have this issue.
How can I carry out activities on POEMS Internet and POEMS 2.0 platforms?
- Trading You may click here to find out more about our POEMS Internet online tutorials.
- Trading of Unit Shares
On POEMS Internet, you may go to “STOCKS” > “UNIT SHARE” to submit the orders with the number of shares fewer than board lot size.On POEMS 2.0, you may go to “Prices (LP1)” or “Trade (LP2)” and search for the stock, right click on the stock name and click on “Trade Unit Share” on the drop down list.Alternatively, you can add the “SGX Unit Share” widget on POEMS 2.0. To add the widget, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the “+New” located top right hand corner and then select “Tab”
- Click on “SGX Unit Share” and followed by “Done” button
- Search for the counter and submit the orders
- Checking Cash/Share Holdings You may check your funds or cash holdings in your Phillip Account under “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” > “Account Details” on POEMS Internet or under “Acct Mgmt” tab > “Account Details” on POEMS 2.0.For local share holdings, you may refer to CDP (Central Depository Pte Ltd) statements if your local shares are in the custody of CDP. For foreign share holdings, you may refer to the “Scrip Positions” located under “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” on POEMS Internet. On POEMS 2.0, “Scrip Positions” can be found under “Acct Mgmt” tab. Note: Cash holdings are not applicable to Cash Trading accounts, which do not have the facility to hold any cash balance in the account.
- Amendment of Scrap Book Scrap Book is accessible on POEMS Internet under “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” > “Scrap Book”. On POEMS 2.0, you may access Scrap Book under “Acct Mgmt” tab.If you would like to edit your Scrap Book on POEMS Internet and POEMS 2.0, you may click on “Edit” button on the Scrap Book page. You may click on “Help” next to the “Edit” button for more information on how to edit your Scrap Book. Note: Scrap Book should only serve as a guide. Do refer to the “Disclaimer” located next to the “Help” for more information.
- Withdrawal of Funds To withdraw excess available cash on POEMS Internet, you may go to “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” and click on “Online Forms” located on the side bar.On POEMS 2.0, you are able to withdraw your excess available cash by going to “Acct Mgmt” tab and followed by “Online Forms” located on the side bar. After you have filled the Online Withdrawal Form on POEMS Internet and POEMS 2.0, click on the “Submit” button and input your password. Instructions submitted before 10am will be processed on the same day. For your convenience, you may choose to have the funds credited directly into your bank account. Note: Withdrawal of funds is not applicable to Cash Trading account, which does not have the facility to hold any cash in the account.
- Acknowledgement of Risk Warning Statement (RWS) Clients are required to acknowledge the RWS in order to trade foreign shares or overseas-listed investment products.To acknowledge RWS on POEMS Internet, you may go to “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” and click on “RWS Acknowledgement” located on the side bar. On POEMS 2.0, the RWS form is located on the side bar under “Acct Mgmt” tab. After you fully understand the content of RWS, you can click on the button “I acknowledge that I have read the Risk Warning Statement, understand its contents, and accept the risks involved.” followed by the “Submit” button located at the bottom.
- Update of Particulars To update your particulars on POEMS Internet, you can do so under “STOCKS” > “ACCT MGMT” > “Update Particulars”.To update your particulars on POEMS 2.0, you can click on “Settings” located top right hand corner > “My Account”.
- Subscription or Renewal of Reward Products and Checking Reward Subscription Status
On POEMS Internet, you may click on “STOCKS” > “REWARDS”.On POEMS 2.0, you may do so on “Rewards” tab. If you are not able to locate the “Rewards” tab, you may need to add the Reward Programme widget.
To add Reward Programme widget on POEMS 2.0, follow the steps below:
- Click on “+New” located top right corner
- Select “Stock” under “Products”, click on page 2 and then you are able to locate the “Reward Programme” widget
- Click on the “Reward Programme” widget and followed by “Done” button.
- Checking Exchange Rates
To check the exchange rates on POEMS Internet, you may go to “STOCKS” > “ANNOUNCE” > “Exchange Rates”.
To check the exchange rates on POEMS 2.0, you may go to “Announcement” tab followed by “Exchange Rate”.Note:
- The cut off time for currency conversion is 2pm.
- The exchange rates might vary due to fluctuations.